Home screen menu items (Movies/TV) randomly disappear
Platform: AppleTV2
iOS/ATV version: 5.0.1 build 9A405l w/ ATV software 4.4.4
XBMC version: 11.0 Git:20120702-f3cd288 (Compiled: Jul 2 2012)
Install Method: apt-get

I've been having this issue for several versions, but I've finally collected a debug log. Not sure if it's relevant, but this is using the Quartz skin. Basically, sometime in the middle of the night my home screen goes from this:

http://imgur.com/1y3SK

to this:

http://imgur.com/XviZl

Notice the TV thumbs are still at the top, but the menu is all wonky. If I go into any subscreen, and then back out, the home screen is corrected. Not a huge issue, but kind of annoying.

Also to note, I'm running the XBMC Library Auto Update hourly (though I've seen this occur with that add-on disabled).

Not sure when the disappearance happened last night, but it looked fine when I went to bed around 1:30am, and when I logged in at 11 this morning it was screwed up.

Debug Log is at the following: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5236
wonky nfs rights here

Code:
Revenge/' due to no change
01:09:09 T:107425792    INFO: CFileNFS::Open: Unable to open file : 'mnt/sweetums/Music/My Playlists/naptemplate3.wpl'  error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access r--. Allowed access ---"'
01:09:09 T:107425792    INFO: CFileNFS::Open: Unable to open file : 'mnt/sweetums/Music/My Playlists/naptemplate2.wpl'  error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access r--. Allowed access ---"'
01:09:09 T:107425792    INFO: CFileNFS::Open: Unable to open file : 'mnt/sweetums/Music/My Playlists/naptemplate1.wpl'  error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access r--. Allowed access ---"'

also strange

Code:
01:16:42 T:82272256   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/media/Fonts/

permission issues on the atv2?

something scans the lib every 4 hours.

Verify that this happens with the default confluence skin aswell and post back.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry for the delay - I corrected the NFS permissions errors, as well as on the ATV (the Fonts folder didn't exist, so I created it). I changed the skin to Confluence and ran it a day or so with no noticeable errors. However, switching back to Quartz today I get the same problem again.

Is there additional skin-specific debugging logs, or anything else I can check?

Thanks for the help thus far!
Not that i know of. But i have already seen alot trouble with using non - confluence skins sadly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
No worries - thanks for the help. Not sure on etiquette here, but I'd like to continue this discussion in the Quartz skin forum - any way to move this thread over there, or should I just recreate?
recreate - we have at least pointed the nfs permissions out in here which allows this thread to stay Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home screen menu items (Movies/TV) randomly disappear0