• 22(current)
Pivos Xios DS
I really like this little box. It really passes the WAF snuff. Especially once I get a few glitches worked out. She was playing around with the remote. Loves, how it boots right into XBMC. She doesn't have to work it like a computer, etc....

davilla,

I took your advice and posted a topic over at pivos forums. I appreciate your helping me here and I apologize if I was cluttering up the topic. I didn't mean to do that. It hadn't even dawned on me that this wasn't really a support topic until you said something - my fault. Hopefully my topic will get a few takers and I can figure this out.

Thanks for all your work with this device. I can truly see how much potential this little guy has.
np, just trying to keep things clean Smile
I just got a Pivos Xios yesterday, and I installed the new Frodo version for android on. I dont know if this is normal, but it took about 20-30 minutes to install. When I open XBMC, it says wait for first time use. The meter bar goes real slow. Once the meter bar finishes, it goes to a black screen. It keeps doing that. I have to unplug the Pivos and plug it back up to get it going again. It seems real slow overall for getting things done. I cleared the cache, and it lead me to the first time startup screen again. It only let me into XBMC once but wont open anything and the screen was real dark. I couldnt choose anything, and I had to unplug my system again. This is getting real frustrating especially on something you got that same day and cant get it working. It has 4.0.4 and is an M3. I would appreciate any help.
Please visit the pivos forums and follow the guides.
Hey guys,
Has Pivos made some progress, how god does XBMC work on this little guy (in linux I assume).
I am hoping for 1080p streaming possibility, access to some online channels perhaps?!? What can this guy do?
I think XBMC is pretty good on this thing. I haven't changed the skin yet, but confluence is very smooth. It has played all my SD just fine so far. I am struggling a bit with 1080p, but it sounds like it is possible, so I am just patiently waiting for some help on the PIVOS forums. It's killing me, because I am so excited to get it working, but I know that they will get to my topic in due time.

In the meantime, I just keep trying different things that I see and will keep updating my topic, so that they know what I have tried. Others have 1080p working, so I know it is possible.

As I said previously, this is really good for the WAF, at least here in my house. It seems like there is a very active support forum, so I know I will get it worked out. Just need to be patient Big Grin
Thanks!
I am torn between the cost savings of this and laying down the big bucks for my own custom htpc...

You are running on Linux yes?
(2013-02-08, 01:33)dio_free Wrote: Hey guys,
Has Pivos made some progress, how god does XBMC work on this little guy (in linux I assume).
I am hoping for 1080p streaming possibility, access to some online channels perhaps?!? What can this guy do?

I have the M3 box, if the codecs you are playing are supported by the hardware it handles 1080P playback no problem over network shares (even https). With a large library, so long as you save the library files to a microsd card it even navigates the menu's reasonably quick. It's nowhere near as fast moving around a large library as a real htpc but is perfectly adequate for a $99 box. Hopefully things will continue to improve. If you decide to get one don't even bother with android, check the pivos forums and load up linux.
touser,

Did your work over network straight out of the box? Or did it take some tinkering?
(2013-02-09, 01:08)rhmclay Wrote: touser,

Did your work over network straight out of the box? Or did it take some tinkering?

I only use the wired network, and that works fine out of the box. I haven't tested wifi as i have no plans to use it.
Yeah I would for sure get one and try it out if it would have been available for 99$ here in Sweden. Unfortunately that's not what it costs from Pivos Europe, instead it's almost twice that 142.57 EUR = 190.523 USD. Also I got another Amlogic dual core box for free... But still would have gotten the Pivos for 99$ but never for almost twice that.
EU Import fees are a bitch. When you order from some chinese site, they try to avoid those taxes by claiming a low cost or gift status. Highly illegal and subject to seizure and destruction at the boarder.

Pivos must play by the rules and in fact is the only box that actually carries a valid ac3/dts license. Your choice is something else cheap and maybe it you get it and it works, or get Pivos and know you have a company that stands behind their product, now and in the future.

Remember that all the other Pivos clones are simply trying use the Pivos written source code, they do not understand it nor care to actually fix any issues or improve the software. They pray that Pivos might do it for them so they can profit.
Something similar is happening with Sigma Based boxes...

A particular firm that is also doing Sigma based boxes provides ways of flashing her products with Dune or Popcorn Firmware...

Of course she can sell cheaper boxes since there are no R&D costs involved...

I am supporting only Companies that make their own firmware.. (one of them is Pivos) because they do support me also by releasing new firmware updates, answering my questions on their forums..

If there was no Pivos to support the development of XBMC android platform i really dont know when XBMC would be released for Android or how often would it get updated...

Those guys now try to implement 24p support on Pivos Linux XBMC version.... Cant we support that by buying their products??

I express personal views in here ofc... Smile

(2013-02-09, 15:40)davilla Wrote: Remember that all the other Pivos clones are simply trying use the Pivos written source code, they do not understand it nor care to actually fix any issues or improve the software. They pray that Pivos might do it for them so they can profit.
You have a point and many of us are well happy to support Pivos.

But hey, here in EU you can find many boxes with a much better hardware for 1/4 of the price... (and the difference is not all due to taxes and shipping... Wink )

This means we are paying for XBMC develping, which was supposed to be free (or at least donationware). Wink

(2013-02-06, 01:21)rhmclay Wrote: So, how do we get a zip file to the XIOS? I tried using cyberduck to get into the box, but it will not let me in. It says SSH_FXP_INIT

Any other ways?

You can also use the built-in function od File Manager in XBMC.

Copy your zip to a USB thumb drive or to a mSD card and you can load your add-ons from zip easily in this way.

You don't need to know Linux to use the Pivos Xios DS Linux XBMC.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS2