• 24(current)
Pivos Xios DS
What Rendering speed do you get in the UI (System Info) ?
(2013-02-12, 20:09)CruNcher Wrote: What Rendering speed do you get in the UI (System Info) ?

Sorry... I am looking at System / System Info, and I do not see "Rendering Speed" displayed.

Do you mean Screen Resolution? If so, then that (on the system that I have running right now in my Home Office) is: [email protected] - Full Screen (20.92 fps)

Of course, I have it connected to a very cheap LCD. Your results may vary.
[email protected] - Full Screen (20.92 fps)

just to compare Wink

your Pivos DS can hardly Drive the Full Refresh Framerate of the UI , and i have a tablet and it cost 130 € i can plug it into the TV and have a full Media Player ultra slimm 9mm Wink without the tablet part (IPS Display, Touch, Sensors) you can have the same for 50$

Competitive Competition will be plenty in the future, and that's perfect for us consumers Wink
(2013-02-12, 20:45)CruNcher Wrote: [email protected] - Full Screen (20.92 fps)

just to compare Wink

(.. image removed)

your Pivos DS can hardly Drive the Full Refresh Framerate of the UI , and i have a tablet and it cost 130 € i can plug it into the TV and have a full Media Player ultra slimm 9mm Wink without the tablet part (IPS Display, Touch, Sensors) you can have the same for 50$

Competition will be plenty in the future, and thats perfect for us consumers Wink

Seriously... hven't you gotten over that "mine is bigger" phase in your life yet?

1) I don't work for Pivos. Please address those concerns to Davilla. I was just answering your question on my specific Pivos Xios DS implementation.

2) I purchased mine because of CURRENT capabilities as SECONDARY systems.

3) I purchased this system to work on lesser monitors... so the refresh rate you see is indicative of what my display will do... not what the box is capable of rendering... right?

4) Price for me: total price of 32" display and Xios, less than $225 US... so that is about 170 Euro, right? I bet my first hacked XBOX XBMC was more expensive than that. So if the arguement boils down to "Buying tech in Europe is expensive, and the as the financial model related to taxes, duty and resellers mark-up is cost prohibitive"... well, I'll grant you that... but you could move... but, that may have it's drawbacks as well.

5) I did not want to run XBMC on a tablet. I have an iPad the master bedrom, and it's a PITA. Holding it sucks, and if you plug a tablet into a monitor and get a remote for it.. well, in effect it's no longer a tablet... Dual-duty of a device was not one of my purchasing prerequisites anyway. That is one of the reasons teh Xios was attractive to me: Small footprint, silent, comes with HDMI Cable and remote.

6) I could not care LESS what will be availabe in the furture... My purchasing decision was based on what I needed today, at a specific price point, so that I could get rid of some Win7 boxes at a still resonable cost recovery.

Face it: Sooner or later, ALL tech is trash. The "tech will be better in the future arguement" does not belong here. Go start a different thread in "Hardware for XBMC" that addresses imaginary systems.

If you wish to discuss the features of the currently shipping Pivos M3, or wish to get assistance on the device, I will be glad to answer... but oif it's a matter of saying "mines better"... well, I'm not interested in playing.
It has nothing todo with mine is bigger im totaly against this thus i buy no Apple products ever Smile
and sure it will be outdated as soon as it's released it is and the new generation is being worked on already before the old comes to market "economics".
At the system screen 1920X1080@60 I get between 20-25FPS. Works fine for me although I usually use an ION system as my primary. The Pivos is a really nice portable system once a USB drive is added to the mix. Smile
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Quick question about the Pivos. One thing that drives me nuts about the ATV2 is the fast forward/reverse. I.e., the ATV remote only allows one to fast forward and reverse in "jumps" of 10 seconds or whatever. S if say you watch a movie halfway and want to finish it later, you have to start from the beginning and skip your way numerous times to get to where you were. Versus my HTPC where you just scroll to the point you want to start on the time bar. Maybe there's a away to do this on the ATV and I haven't found it, but how does the fast forward/reverse work with the Pivos as I may want another box?
I never use ff/rw, I use big/little jumps
when playing, right/left are little jumps, up/down are big jumps. Using those you can very quickly jump to where you want to be and not have to play the 'oh sh**, shot right by' game.
So there is no option to just scroll to the times lot you want? Still need to "jump" using the remote? Just curious if one could hook up a wireless keyboard/mouse like the ipazzport.
(2013-02-12, 20:45)CruNcher Wrote: [email protected] - Full Screen (20.92 fps)

just to compare Wink

Competitive Competition will be plenty in the future, and that's perfect for us consumers Wink

I just love these apples to oranges comparisons. If you actually care to look, your screen is 1024 x 552, not 1280 x 720 aka 720p, I also bet it's 24 bit not 32 bit. All these things add up to determining the max GUI fps. So when you can compare apple to apples, then come back and strut about Smile

PS. [email protected] - Full Screen should be about 30 when vsync is enabled (default), which vsync off, it's more like 45 fps. And this is single core at 1GHz while yours is a dual-core at 1.5GHz or so I bet Smile
(2013-02-13, 04:39)Sdpbc Wrote: So there is no option to just scroll to the times lot you want? Still need to "jump" using the remote? Just curious if one could hook up a wireless keyboard/mouse like the ipazzport.

Yeah, you can fast forward and rewind on it with another remote. The jumping is just a limitation of the number of buttons the default remote comes with. Same with the ATV2, really, but it's harder to use different remotes with an ATV2. With the Pivos it's a lot easier to add a different remote. iPassport should work fine, and a number of other ones too.
Perfect. Looking for something possibly for my in-laws as well. So may give them the ATV2 or the PIVOS depending on which is more stable (may give them my ATV2 since I'm guessing it will be a bit more stable than the PIVOS), but wanted something that could handle a keyboard/mouse style remote if needed. Thanks Ned.
Ended up picking up the Pivos today (was on sale at CanadaComputers for $105 and figured I'd support a forum sponsor). At first glance the GUI seems a bit more laggy than my ATV2 admittedly, but otherwise is up and running after some fiddling around. Could be because it's updating stuff in the background though.
Get the linux build from the Pivos forums. You'll be glad you did. You can always switch back if you want to play with Android.
HI

The Pivos has been recommended to me. I have a couple of questions

1. How easy is it to change from android to Linux
2. Can i use the pulse eight cec conenctor. I want to use this to wake the pivos when needed
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS2