• 25(current)
Pivos Xios DS
(2013-02-18, 08:49)Ned Scott Wrote: Get the linux build from the Pivos forums. You'll be glad you did. You can always switch back if you want to play with Android.

Operating system is Linux 2.6.34 (jan 8 2013) so I think I put the right one on it.

I do still need to buy an mSD card though.

What is strange is that the CPU shows as 100% usage?

Nevermind...seems to be a bug with the suspend function and I need to reboot.
(2013-02-18, 11:23)Geoffishere Wrote: HI

The Pivos has been recommended to me. I have a couple of questions

1. How easy is it to change from android to Linux
2. Can i use the pulse eight cec conenctor. I want to use this to wake the pivos when needed

#1 - you copy an upgrade file to a MicroSD stick, power it up with the stick in the slot while holding down a button on the bottom, follow prompts, wait a min, reboot, enjoy XBMC. :-)
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Anyone know if a usb tv tuner works with the pivos?
What skin is everyone running on this?
(2013-02-23, 23:07)rhmclay Wrote: What skin is everyone running on this?

I run the default usually, been using it for years and like it. Others work but obviously some require more CPU than others...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
So everyone is using Confluence with this?

I see that there is a skin called Neon, I believe, that is mainly confluence with a few Aeon pieces added in. So my understanding is that it is pretty lightweight. Wasn't sure if anyone has given this a try.

Anyone not using Confluence, throw in the skin that you found works well.

Thanks!!!
i'm using quartz on my android box (atv1200). light skin, family friendly too
thebearnecessit,

What kind of views do you have for movies/tv?
(2013-02-23, 20:37)tennisbgc Wrote: Anyone know if a usb tv tuner works with the pivos?

Under Linux it should. I have not tested this myself yet, but TVHeadend should build. TheUni was telling me some stuff about this, but I cannot recall exact details at the moment. It's either something that is possible now, or possible with a minor fix for something with USB.
(2013-02-23, 20:37)tennisbgc Wrote: Anyone know if a usb tv tuner works with the pivos?

What TV standard? DVBT or ATSC? Europe DTV or American DTV?
(2013-02-28, 05:07)Ned Scott Wrote:

Under Linux it should. I have not tested this myself yet, but TVHeadend should build. TheUni was telling me some stuff about this, but I cannot recall exact details at the moment. It's either something that is possible now, or possible with a minor fix for something with USB.
thanks for the feedback I actually asked this question later on at pivos and the mod said this "Nope.
PVR functions works as a "front end" your backend needs to exist somewhere else."
You could probably run something like an HDHomerun for live TV - it's a network based tuner that XBMC supports to an extent.
(2013-02-27, 18:04)AndroiDad75 Wrote: thebearnecessit,

erm, hard to describe.

not the most glittering array of views compared to some skins. the views are dark, simple and sleek, mostly with no fanart.

it wouldn't be my first choice based on the views, but the fact its such a light and fast skin, and the fact the home screen is very user friendly (once you add your favourites onto it) makes it my choice on my android box as well as my htpc.
(2013-03-01, 01:54)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-02-27, 18:04)AndroiDad75 Wrote: thebearnecessit,

erm, hard to describe.

not the most glittering array of views compared to some skins. the views are dark, simple and sleek, mostly with no fanart.

it wouldn't be my first choice based on the views, but the fact its such a light and fast skin, and the fact the home screen is very user friendly (once you add your favourites onto it) makes it my choice on my android box as well as my htpc.

Thanks. I see there is Quartz and Quartz Reloaded. I downloaded both and will play with them.
You're welcome. it's quartz i was referring to btw. quartz reloaded is a very different skin, which i haven't used properly so cant comment on.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS2