More useful item details in movie view
Hi,

I want to first say I'm sure this is all subjective as far as what information is useful to you. But, at least for me there's a few details I'd really love to add to the main movie view. I've done a few minor changes to pages before but overall a total newbie when it comes to Python and would be grateful for some help.

I'm not even sure what you call the section I want to modify so I included a picture with it highlighted. Basically, I'm viewing my movies ordered by date added - so I see the date and SD/HD icon next to each movie in the list. I'm also using a nightly build from a month or 2 ago if that matters.

For each movie, there's a few details I keep wishing were there at a glance. These are the running time of the movie, rating and less important - the movie year released.

What I'm not so interested in seeing at a glance are the myriad of format icons like format (16:9/4:3), DVD icon, XVID, etc. I do actually appreciate knowing if the movie has digital sound vs 2.0 - but not so much the others... at least not at a glance. I figure the information page could/should include these types of details.

Anyway, I'm thinking some others might also like to modify this section so if I can figure it out myself I'll post my changes. But, I bet this would be fairly easy to modify for one of the XBMC experts out there!!

Also - while I'm on the topic I don't think the "Total Duration" item is very useful for this view/page IMO. I'm not sure what would be better - but ideally I'd like to remove this just to simplify the screen.

Note: Sorry, not sure if this belongs in the Confluence thread or is more of a general skin question..
Other skins do show the info you need so have a look at downloading another skin and report back any shortcomings
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Do you happen to know what page (filename) this is to narrow down my search? Also, do you know which skin would have similar info?

thanks!
(2012-08-03, 20:13)jpage4500 Wrote: Do you happen to know what page (filename) this is to narrow down my search? Also, do you know which skin would have similar info?

thanks!

If you go to settings or system - add ons - get add ons - xbmc.org - skin - then choose a skin to add
There are a few to choose from I use Aeon Nox but dont be afraid to install or delete other skins
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
I was more looking to find where in the skin the circled items came from.. I did a little digging - is this screen in ViewsVideoLibrary?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...y.xml#L158

I can keep digging and eventually it out by trial and error -- just hoping someone might have some tips/snippets for me to try. I'm guessing it's been done before like you said -- just not sure how I'd find it (I don't even know what this little area is called!)

<control type="grouplist">
<description>Media Codec Flagging Images</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>610</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<align>center</align>
<itemgap>2</itemgap>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<include>VideoCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
<include>AudioCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
<include>AudioChannelsFlaggingConditions</include>
<include>AspectCodecFlaggingConditions</include>