Container.ShowPlot and Variables
I can't seem to get $INFO[Container.ShowPlot] to work when calling it as a variable. I'm using the following variable code to call it:

Code:
<variable name="ExtendedList_Plot">
        <value condition="[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(episodes) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,addons,left) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin,left)] + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[Container.ShowPlot]</value>
        <value condition="[SubString(Container.FolderPath,addons,left) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin,left)] + IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Addon.Description)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(artists) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Artist_Description))">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Artist_Description)]</value>
        <value>Description not available</value>
    </variable>

Substituting dummy text in the Container.Content(seasons) value works as it should so maybe it's not getting converted properly? With Container.ShowPlot only an empty string is returned. Any thought?
You're not using it inside a list are you?
Yeah, its inside the list. Is there any way we can get that inside the list or do i have to use a hacky GetLabel workaround?
List Items can only take label information from the item themselves. Not from outside the item.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-08-05, 00:48)jmarshall Wrote: List Items can only take label information from the item themselves. Not from outside the item.

I understand that now but I would have thought I'd be able to fill a label outside of the list control and use Control.GetLabel() then inside the list but that doesn't work either. Any thoughts on how I might be able to get around this restriction?
Again, it's because Control.GetLabel() is not ListItem.*

The only way to show Container.ShowPlot is outside of a list.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fair enough. Thanks for the info mate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Container.ShowPlot and Variables0