• 1(current)
Release XBMC Immersive
What does Immersive look like?

watch gallery

What addons are needed?

Skin Widgets
PlayAlbum
Favourites

These should be downloaded automatically upon installation of the skin but I've linked them just in case they don't.

What addons are supported?

The Big Pictures
PseudoTV
TV Show Next Aired
Global Search
MetaData Actors
ForumBrowser
ExtendedInfo
Library Editor
VideoExtras
TvTunes
Video Fanart Grabber

What should I do if I find a bug?

Please report the issue to the GIT page here. Note: you will need a GIT account to do this. Please do not report the issue here. While I try my hardest to read each post, chances are it'll get overlooked / forgotten. It's much easier keep track of these issues when they are all in one place.

Where can I get in on the action?

The latest version will always be available from here.

*coded using Hitcher's excellent Foundation skin. Many thanks to Hitcher!

Commonly asked questions

What's with the hub screens? Why can't I go directly to the library from the Home screen?

Think of the home screen in XBMC as the start screen in Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 and Music, Movies, TV shows as apps within XBMC. Now when you go to the Video + Music app in Windows Phone 8, you don't immediately go to your music files. You go to the Video + Music hub which pulls all the data together. From there you can choose where to go. This is reasoning behind the hubs in XBMC Immersive; they give you a quick overview to everything related to that app.

It's an integral part of the skin's experience and not something I'll personally change. You can, however, change it so the home screen menu will take you directly to the library. Open Includes_Home.xml and change the <onclick> under Movies and TV Shows to:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,TVShowTitles,return)</onclick>

What's with the splash screen? How can I disable it?

The reasoning behind the splash screen falls into the same as the hub screen. It's a simple thing that, IMO, adds to the experience of XBMC and separates the different types of media that it can handle into their own distinctive sections. If you'd prefer to skip all of this tomfoolery and jump straight to the library, you'll have to, again, break out your text editor of choice - I use Notpad++ - and get your hands dirty. Open up the .xml files in the following list:
  • AddonBrowser.xml
  • DialogFavourites.xml
  • MyMusicNav.xml
  • MyMusicSongs.xml
  • MyPics.xml
  • MyPrograms.xml
  • MyVideoNav.xml
  • MyWeather.xml
  • script-forumbrowser-forums.xml
  • script-globalsearch-main.xml
  • script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml
  • script-The Big Picture-main.xml
  • Settings.xml
and delete the line

Code:
<onload> ActivateWindow(60)</onload>

This is as far as I'll go to supporting the removal of what I consider an integral part of the Immersive experience. Perhaps I'll change my mind in the future but I at this time I won't be adding this as a option.
when can we try?
(2012-09-04, 10:36)noiz13 Wrote: when can we try?

Whoops! I thought I put the link in there. Download it from here.
wow Shocked

Well done !
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
OMG !
Wow. Looks great! Is this going to be a touchscreen supported skin? It looks well suited for it.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-04, 11:19)Sabish Wrote: wow Shocked

Well done !

(2012-09-04, 11:59)j1nx Wrote: OMG !

Thanks guys. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any. At the moment, there are two different menu systems - the appbar style used in the video section and the side menu style used everywhere else. I'm still deciding on which one to use throughout the skin so if you have any preference let me know.

I'm working on adding support for Trakt Utilites, PseudoTV and Aired Date addons but those will come much further in the development cycle. If there are any other addons you would like to see supported, let me know and I'll try to add them to the to-do list.

(2012-09-04, 11:59)thrak76 Wrote: Wow. Looks great! Is this going to be a touchscreen supported skin? It looks well suited for it.

Touch screen support is kind of iffy at the moment. It is planned to be fully supported but all I can test it with is with a mouse currently. I just bought my son a 7" Android tablet recently so as soon as the Android build gets a bit more stable I'll be able to start testing it a bit more.

gave it a spin love it few thing i didn't like.

-no subtitile button on osd
-when you select movie or serie's you go to a menu for year actor title instead of movie list
-the color is this something we can change? i like it bu il like dark colors more tech

i know this is only a alpha seems very solid keep on going.
Great work!
Probably a noob question but how can I disable the xml files names that shows up on the screen.
(2012-09-04, 12:21)noiz13 Wrote: gave it a spin love it few thing i didn't like.

-no subtitile button on osd
-when you select movie or serie's you go to a menu for year actor title instead of movie list
-the color is this something we can change? i like it bu il like dark colors more tech

i know this is only a alpha seems very solid keep on going.

- Added to the bug list and will fix in the next update. Thanks.

- This is the normal behavior. Clicking on the Movies / TV Shows / Music tile on the home menu takes you to a landing screen for the specific "app". From there, you have access to the Featured, Recently Added and Recently Watched sections specific to that "app". I don't think I'll be changing this behaviour.

- There are seven accent colors available: Blue, Brown, Green, Lime, Magenta, Orange, Viridian (teal).

(2012-09-04, 12:22)Lanznaster Wrote: Great work!
Probably a noob question but how can I disable the xml files names that shows up on the screen.

- Go to System > Custom > Debug and make sure "Disable debug info" is enabled. This is only for testing and will be removed later on once the skin gets a proper release.
Sranshaft, this is great! I can't wait to get home to try this out. Keep those Metro/Modern UI skins coming.
will you add support for the download subtitle addon in your next release kind of a dealbreaker for me, but the skin look really good

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126495
looks sharp, personally think the bold media titles are a tad thick for my tastes, but could be just me.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I really need to update my XBMCBuntu to a more recent build. After installation, the skin crashes on Eden which results in a XBMC 'stop and restart loop'.
(2012-09-04, 13:51)dgm1960 Wrote: Sranshaft, this is great! I can't wait to get home to try this out. Keep those Metro/Modern UI skins coming.

Thanks a lot! Smile

(2012-09-04, 14:03)Bkam Wrote: will you add support for the download subtitle addon in your next release kind of a dealbreaker for me, but the skin look really good

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126495

I'll definitely look into adding that, among various other addons, as soon as I get the rest of the main dialogs finished.

(2012-09-04, 16:07)transcender Wrote: looks sharp, personally think the bold media titles are a tad thick for my tastes, but could be just me.

The size and thickness of the Featured and Favorites fonts are pretty standard among the various Microsoft Metro applications but yeah, as you said, it's all about personal preferences.

(2012-09-04, 18:08)otcho Wrote: I really need to update my XBMCBuntu to a more recent build. After installation, the skin crashes on Eden which results in a XBMC 'stop and restart loop'.

Yeah, as I said, it's only been tested and coded on Pre-Frodo releases. YMMV when it comes to using the skin with Eden though I'd be interested to get a look at the debug log to see why it caused XBMC to go into a crash loop.

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Immersive26