Retain watched status after quality upgrade
Scenario:
A file is scraped into libray as SeriesName S01E01 and is watched.
At a later points a new file is scraped as the same Series and episode and the library is cleaned.
The new file have now lost it's watched status.

Propsal:
When a movie or episode is scraped the library could check watched status of existing files scraped as same movie/episode and copy watched status to the new item.

Any thoughts, ideas, yes, no's?
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
I have been trying to find a solution similar to this since I first started using XBMC on a computer. I still maintain a library with both SD and HD copies of most TV Shows, but have yet to find a reasonable solution to reconcile them. It would be ideal if duplicates automatically stacked and were presented via a context menu upon selection, similar to resume points.
I think maybe this problem has been introduced in some of the latest frodo builds? I can´t recall having this problem until recently...
Different files have different file paths. XBMC sets the watch status based on the file path, and it always has.
Many CouchPotato and Sick Beard users that use the 'Archive' feature would definitely want this feature.
Trakt.tv add-on can do this with.. 65 version
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Export the library to xml change the paths in the xml and then re-import... I read this somewhere.

uNi
Wouldn't it be neat if you had an XBMC account you could log in with, lets say just like the forums, but it tracked all the movies you watched with IMDB#, and TV shows you've watched with whatever clever number scheme that works, eg: IMDB#_S#_EP# or whatever.

Anyhow, even if you deleted your entire library, and then went to a friends house 6 years later, you could log in and re-scrape your 'watched list' on his library, and it would tell you what movies you've seen out of his collection.

Maybe a feature suggestion for XBMC-13.0 ?

P.S. I'm just wishfully dreaming of what kind of neat features could be possible way down the road, I don't expect to see this, at least not any time remotely soon Smile
(2012-11-07, 17:02)Pop006 Wrote: Wouldn't it be neat if you had an XBMC account you could log in with, lets say just like the forums, but it tracked all the movies you watched with IMDB#, and TV shows you've watched with whatever clever number scheme that works, eg: IMDB#_S#_EP# or whatever.

Anyhow, even if you deleted your entire library, and then went to a friends house 6 years later, you could log in and re-scrape your 'watched list' on his library, and it would tell you what movies you've seen out of his collection.

Maybe a feature suggestion for XBMC-13.0 ?

P.S. I'm just wishfully dreaming of what kind of neat features could be possible way down the road, I don't expect to see this, at least not any time remotely soon Smile

Aka trakt.tv with the .65 beta
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2012-11-07, 17:12)bry- Wrote: Aka trakt.tv with the .65 beta

And here I am thinking I was all clever and helpful...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retain watched status after quality upgrade0