Black Screen when using External Player (MPC-HC) on 10-bit
I have been attempting to get XBMC (11.0) set up for use on a television and have run into an odd issue. I primarily want it as a front end that is a bit easier to read from a distance while still using MPC-HC.for playback. However, for some reason when playing 10-bit mkvs launched through XBMC, Media Player Classic doesn't display the video-- it just comes out black while the audio runs in the background.

My playercorefactory.xml file is below, however, I have tried flipping most of the flags on the player and modifying the args without it changing anything.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

When I play an 8-bit encode it seems to work fine and if I start the 10-bit files outside of XBMC using MPC-HC they play just fine. The only difference I've noticed is that it appears that when a file is started by XBMC the description is listed as DXVA, which doesn't occur when I start it normally. My PC should be able to handle it (i7, HD 5770 radeon card), so I'm wondering if there is an option I need to enable in Media Player Classic to enable DXVA in order to allow this to work (or a setting within XBMC to disable it, though I've tried most of the video playback options). However, I wasn't able to find it myself with a quick search so I thought I would check to see if this is a known issue that is simply buried in a hard to find FAQ.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Screen when using External Player (MPC-HC) on 10-bit0