deleting movies from library....
I was wondering if you guys can help me out.... I have a couple of movies that are the same just different quality, I want to know if it's possible to delete one of them through xbmc? I have removed it from the library but when I check the folder where the movie is located is still there... DO I need to physically delete it from the folder first? Sorry if I'm not making sense lol but thanks for stopping by.
Yes, you need to physically delete the file if you want to get rid of it.
when I update an existing movie to a better quality copy I just manually delete the original via Windows Explorer and then give the new file the same name as the one I just deleted.. unless of course it's a different extn in which case I do the first step but then rescrape and clean the library.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Thanks guys... The only reason I wish I could do it through xbmc is because it could tell me if it's 720p or 480 when if I do it through windows i have to guess or figure out which one is which but oh well no biggie thanks for your quick responses
You can also checkthe following...

settings - appearance - file list - enable the option "allow file renaming and deletion"

Now if you remove something from your library it should prompt if you want to also delete the file from your system.. be warned tho this is a permanent deletion and there is no recycle bin from memory.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Mediainfo is your friend when determining things like quality, bitrate, format etc. through a shell extension in Windows (or pretty much anything else for that matter).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
deleting movies from library.... 0