Blank movie .nfo????
Well I have been hard at work editing my first xbmc library. learning to overcome the hurdles is half the fun i think but alas laziness takes over when it comes to learning code...lol.. anyhow I was wondering if there is a blank movie.nfo file to download anywhere? this could be used as a sort of fill in the blanks lazy man way to fill in the movie info that the scrapers do not get right or is not what you wanted. for example i have been working on my Kill Bill uncut editions. these will always scrape as the american kill bill editions. and the movie info will have the incorrect runtime for one and the old standard synopsis. i would like to have the shortcut of having a blank .nfo so i can fill in my own information. Has anyone done this or how do i go about getting the blank .nfo?

This will be vastly usefull when i go to add my own "Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair" fanedit as well because this i dont believe has an imdb since there is no official release. I spent a month creating the fanedit myself including writing my synopsis which i prefer to merging the standard vol 1 and vol 2 synopsis.
After the effort i went to to have my own kill bill the whole bloody affair I would love to see that in my xbmc library with all the information i made for it along with the custom covers. Nod thanks For any help guys.
Use ember media manager , using that you can scrape the info and edit it to your liking - I use it for extended cuts, directors cuts etc. Search forum for ember this should make life easier
EDIT - you can find it under supplementary tools for xbmc section on forum
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Congrats on the fanedit! I've only recently come across fanedit.org, and I have been making my through some nice edits. Started with some Star Wars edits (of course). I've had my eye on KB - the Whole Bloody Affair. You hosting on Rapidshare, or do you have an .nzb floating around (i hope!)? Anyways, enough OT.

As far as a "blank.nfo", about the best I can find is here in the wiki. You can delete all the entries (save for the tags themselves), and then save it as template for your own .nfos. I've made a quite a few of these recently to add some fanedits to my library. Also, you can create an entry on themoviedb.org, and then others can benefit from your work. I've added a couple fanedits there, and actually there are quite a few there already. Maybe you'll add your KB edit!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-01, 10:41)thrak76 Wrote: Congrats on the fanedit! I've only recently come across fanedit.org, and I have been making my through some nice edits. Started with some Star Wars edits (of course). I've had my eye on KB - the Whole Bloody Affair. You hosting on Rapidshare, or do you have an .nzb floating around (i hope!)? Anyways, enough OT.

As far as a "blank.nfo", about the best I can find is here in the wiki. You can delete all the entries (save for the tags themselves), and then save it as template for your own .nfos. I've made a quite a few of these recently to add some fanedits to my library. Also, you can create an entry on themoviedb.org, and then others can benefit from your work. I've added a couple fanedits there, and actually there are quite a few there already. Maybe you'll add your KB edit!

Hey Wink Yeah Original trilogy taught me everything i know about fanediting. it was quite a bumpy ride but worth it to add yet another digital art skill to my list. and thanks for the tip on adding my edit to the moviedb.. thats an awesome idea. though i only uploaded my edit to one private torrent site. so if your not a member there it may be impossible to get it. though i know someone did convert it to xvid and dumped it a few places i have never seen it anywhere else. there have been quite a few who did a kill bill edit but i tried all of them and they just did not measure up to the quality standards i had in mind so i decided if you want it done right do it yourself...lol..

I ended up creating an nfo with "thumbgen" which has a built in xbmc .nfo export function in which you can edit the fields yourself. thumbgen has been a fantastic program for various purposes. but i will look at ember for future nfo editing thanks guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank movie .nfo????0