Win [Solved] Frodo nightly breaks GUI sounds
(2012-09-09, 14:23)DDDamian Wrote: Hi cactus99,

For each system event the GUI sound is added to a "playlist" of sounds, so fast-scrolling thru menus adds each new sound, and can overlap other sounds. That is by design. Multiple sounds and streams can all be mixed together in AE. The louder clicks are overlapped sounds.

We don't slow down the UI to make each sound play completely, and the UI can get ahead of the sounds depending on the length of the sound. Again, by design - you don't wait for each beep before moving on with the user's commands. The only way to "keep up" with the GUI is wait for each sound to finish, which would be silly.

In that regard it will be somewhat system dependent. If you are using wasapi keeping the buffers relatively small will also help: <audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>50</audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>

Thanks for your reply. I actually only listed issues that I hadn't noticed before, when I also had working GUI sounds. Especially that louder delayed click was new to me, although I must have had delayed clicks before.

The cause could also be the ongoing work in Frodo has made my GUI running smoother than ever, and to be honest, I normally don't browse through the menus as fast as that.

Thanks for your work. I will now changed the subject to solved.

/Cactus
np - enjoy
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
i also have gui sound problem. after reading this thread, the issue is fixed (streamsilence true). maybe the initial idea is to save some resource, but current implementation is not quite practical. i would suggest to set streamsilence to true by default until the issue is fixed. btw, maybe setting timeout releasing audo resource longer might help.

thanks.
I too have noticed that certain nav sounds are gone mainly the ones when moving from menu item up and down, selecting or hitting enter still works. As stated here video plays fine.
There is a 10sec timeout before releasing the audio context. And those resources are fairly important to save on mobile platforms.

This seems one where we can't please everyone but <streamsilence> should bring you right back to the original methods.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-10-02, 02:34)DDDamian Wrote: There is a 10sec timeout before releasing the audio context. And those resources are fairly important to save on mobile platforms.

This seems one where we can't please everyone but <streamsilence> should bring you right back to the original methods.

ahh. mobile platforms. so thats why. i was under the impression the features aims to reduce av receiver power usage.

thanks for the explainations.
np - it's not so much receiver power usage as HTPC, and ofc mobile platforms too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Frodo nightly breaks GUI sounds0