[Linux] No PCM after XBMC (AE)
Hi,

I'm facing a real strange problem with XBMC compiled from GIT.

I'm using YaVDR 0.50 Alpha which uses VDR for TV and XBMC for playing media. It's based on Ubuntu 12.04LTS. I'm using it since it was announced in june.
After the problems with devices enumeration where solved a few weeks a go I tried it again and I'm very happy that it's running fine.
On sunday last week I watched some shows and after finished I switched XBMC off to watch some TV but had no sound from most of my channels (MPEG1 LayerII) but from some channels broadcasting in AC3.
I've checked my logs (nothing strange to be found), rebooted, nothing helped. Even booting an older kernel and building alsa-drivers from GIT brought sound back. Alsa's speaker test and aplay had no sound too, but my AVR displays that it's found a PCM Stream (2ch, 48KHz) and the log from the VDR-frontend says it's playing PCM.

OK, next try, to get TV back: Build XBMC from GIT with PVR-support since I didn't had the mood to reinstall in the evening Wink
To make it short: working TV with sound on all channels.

Yesterday I've decided to reinstall, 3 hours later everything was up and running again with full sound in XBMC (Eden) and TV.
Next stop: XBMC/AE. after playing some Movies and shows for a couple of ours I shut down XBMC and had no sound from TV again.Confused
Since I had a backup I just restored it and trashed XBMC/AE, since Eden doesn't show this behaviour.

The big question: What does XBMC/AE do to alsa and render it kaputt? Huh

Env: YaVDR 0.5 (Ubuntu Precise) x64, NVidia GT430 hooked with HDMI (passthrough) to my Denon AVR (2312), NVidia driver 295 (tested 302.x before) XBMC configure option: --prefix=/usr

I know it's a real weird problem. I tried 5 days to get it working again but without logs which point to a direction..?

Home AV[/b]: Panasonic TX-P42ST33 Plasma | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Teufel 5.1 THX- Speakers | ATV2 | Wetek Core| DN2820FYK LibreElec | Harmony One Remote

no logs so it's impossible to say for sure. nvidia 290.10 are the best as bugs with the audio have been reported with newer builds on certain setups. alsa 1.0.25 is also needed but you said you built it from git so my guess is you're fine there.
Yeah,

I know logs would be fine.. May I'll find some time next weekend to try again and upload a bunch of logs..

Thanks.
Home AV[/b]: Panasonic TX-P42ST33 Plasma | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Teufel 5.1 THX- Speakers | ATV2 | Wetek Core| DN2820FYK LibreElec | Harmony One Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] No PCM after XBMC (AE)0