Win Subtitle problems with bdmv, iso and m2ts
I'm having big subtitle problems
On some movies (bdmv, iso, and m2ts) i sometimes get subtitles that vanish quick... i cant even read them... They show up 0.5 sec and less than 0,5 sec they are already gone..
Other programs like powerdvd , tmt5 display them perfectly..
How come xbmc does not?

(running eden, win7 x64)

Heres my log (trying to play bdmv)

------EDIT: DO NOT POST SNIPPETS -----
You should still link the entire debug log, even if you have pulled out a relevant section.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Log :

http://pastebin.com/rJDsxJSH
Nobody? This is a serious bug according to me , no?
Yeah, this is a very annoying problem and a pretty serious limitation of xbmc.
It seems VLC has the same issue.. but why..
Also i've read the bug is in there since version 9 of xbmc and still present on pre-frodo Sad
You really should think playing subs is one of the main concerns of xbmc...
I know xbmc is a project by volunteers, and i really appreciate that.. but some explanation about this would be welcome Wink
(2012-09-06, 08:41)Skank Wrote: It seems VLC has the same issue.. but why..
Also i've read the bug is in there since version 9 of xbmc and still present on pre-frodo Sad
You really should think playing subs is one of the main concerns of xbmc...
I know xbmc is a project by volunteers, and i really appreciate that.. but some explanation about this would be welcome Wink
If VLC also has the bug then the problem is with the ffmeg library, well that is my guess anyway, & if so there is nothing XBMC developers can do nothing about it apart from report it upstream to the ffmeg developers if it hasn't been raised to them already.

In case you don't know ffmeg is an open source library for audio/video decode that many free media applications that can be installed across multiple OS's such as Windows, OS-X, Linux use, since both XBMC and VLC use ffmeg trying something in VLC is usually a good test of whether something might be a XBMC or ffmeg issue.

So its a ffmeg issue..
how do i know if they know?
Just remembered this post

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128935

I don't use blu-ray iso's/folders so don't know how good it is, but note

"Pulled in a few bug fixes to the PGS decoder from ffmpeg upstream"

These maybe fixes that haven't been accepted by the ffmeg developers yets so can't yet officially be push downstream to projects like XBMC. If this is really important to you then help the XBMC developers out by finding out what the fixes are (by contacting the author of that build) and what their status are with the ffmeg developers, I've known exceptional circumstances where fixes not yet pulled in by the ffmeg developers have been applied to XBMC if Team XBMC deem it important enough and they meet the XBMC code standards.

If you want to test then install to a different directory in Program Files to your existing installation, then run with "xbmc.exe -p" to run in portable mode so your existing userdata is not interfered with with.
A bit of detective work on hakuya github shows the commits he applied to his personal XBMC build were:

https://github.com/hakuya/xbmc/commits/EdenHDRemix

With the relevant ones for PGS (blu ray) subtitles:

https://github.com/hakuya/xbmc/commit/6f...b2b5694861

&

https://github.com/hakuya/xbmc/commit/63...acbebf9b55

You'd still need to ask the author if he knows where the issues & fixes are posted with the ffmeg developers.
Phew, thx for help!
This looks way like chinese for me Sad
Phew

I downloaded the build and tried running it , but i get an error
theres no setup file either..

But we are a little bit closer to the problem now Smile
hakuya has posted the binary Windows installer for his build on the thread I linked to if you're worried you'll have to apply the patches yourself. Simple download, install & test and see if it fixes the problems you're having. If it does fix your issues then contact author to get more details on fixes then post a feature request (together with links to any trac tickets) over on that part of the forum to try and get attention from the XBMC developers.

You'll have to do some detective work on this yourself if you & others want this fixed.
(2012-09-06, 11:55)Skank Wrote: I downloaded the build and tried running it , but i get an error
theres no setup file either..

But we are a little bit closer to the problem now Smile
I've not ever used it, just downloading now to take a look.

Its not an installer, just a zip file containing files..
Maybe i should overwrite my xbmc version with it..
Or even just the xbmc exe file and The ffmpeg dlls , especially Avcodec-52.dll
Just downloading now to take a look at what's included but from what you say it's just a collection of files to over write the ones on the existing install.

If you haven't got it installed already, download the DanielaE Eden build for HD Audio (XBMCSetup 11.0 Eden+HD-audio) and install to a new directory, build can be found at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877

Then simply overwrite with the files from hakuya.

Download is taking an age for me so not able to check contents yet.

Ok, download complete.

So that's just the Windows directory of the installed zipped up.

Unzip to Program Files - if problems unzipping right click on zip file -> Properties -> General -> Unblock

Once unzipped to go directory, right click on xbmc.exe -> Create Shortcut -> say Yes to create on desktop

Copy shortcut from desktop to the install directory so along side the xbmc.exe

Optional: Right click on shortcut -> Properties -> modify target to run in portable mode so as not to interfere with an exisitng install e.g. "C:\Program Files\xbmcrel\XBMC.exe" -p

Now open XBMC with shortcut, if an error is reported right click on shortcut -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Privilege Level - > tick Run this program as an administrator

Gonna try further tonight... So you just overwrite ok...
Keep you informed..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle problems with bdmv, iso and m2ts0