XBMCPlay
A nice feature I was thinking about:

Airplay, but for XBMC to XBMC streaming.

For instance, I have an iPad, and I have a RaspberryPi connected to my projector.

What if I could use my iPad to open my files / plugins, and then go through the normal menus, and when wanting to play content,
a rightclick to select "Stream to Raspbmc" like you used to be able to select PAPlayer or MPlayer (or was it the regular player?).

Or, even more AirPlay like; start a video on the iPad and a while later, start it on another XBMC.
Vice versa would be nice aswell, start watching a movie on Raspbmc (projector) and then continue it on iPad.

Does AirPlay actually stream from iPad to aTV, or does it send the URI to the other device?

I'm also thinking about a framework, where a new XBMC Remote Controller would be able to get the plugin content from the 'Host' XBMC.
So that the iPad (or other iOS/Android device) would not need to have any plugins installed, just a connection the 'Host' XBMC.

Your thoughts?
This feature is coming :D
Any commits / news posted on this?
(2012-09-06, 21:54)Skindred Wrote: Any commits / news posted on this?

Wait for next month
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It happened as a Google Summer of Code project and a ton of great details are here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127949

alcoheca's GSoC mentor, elupus, gave us a summary of it at XBMC DevCon last weekend, and it sounds like it's really going to be great. If I can get the audio cleaned up here I should have a video up sometime soon.
Wow, do I read this right that a server/client approach will find its way into the October monthly pre-Frodo release? This opens up having XBMC library on my ipad without jailbreaking it?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
no try again - you've got it wrong...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCPlay0