Blu-Ray FORCED Subtitles
Ok, I Have a question about FORCED Subtitles on blu-ray movies. It seems to me that XBMC does not support it yet. This means that when watching movies that have FORCED subtitles. You miss what could be important story elements of the movie.

For them that don't know what I mean. Best way I can describe it is this. I Have the Blu-ray movie "The Avengers". The new one with all them fancy folks in it. I have made a .ISO copy of the movie that has been untouched apart from stripping encryption. So the disc is a carbon copy (or as good as). Now in the movie there is a scene with Scarlett Johansson as she is beaning integrated by some bad guys that speak in Russian. Now if you was to watch the movie on a set top Blu-ray player box or say a PS3. Then the FORCED subtitles come up as you would expect. Same happens in the PC software "PowerDVD". So Again all is working well. But when I did try the movie in XBMC. The FORCED subtitles do not display.

Will XBMC DEVs be addressing this in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

PS. Can't wait for full on Blu-Ray Java like support ;-)
Hey,

Check here Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128935

Hope this hops you out Wink
Thanks for that. I will check that out.

But the question still remains. Well the XBMC Devs be addressing that? IE: will it make it into Frodo?
If xbmc should use lav filters instead of ffmpeg, all pgs problems should be past..
(2012-09-09, 08:29)Skank Wrote: If xbmc should use lav filters instead of ffmpeg, all pgs problems should be past..
XBMC uses ffmeg because it is cross platform across all the different OS's XBMC supports so the official internal player is never going to use anything else. However binary addons are supposed to be coming so it maybe possible to easily add a platform specific player like a Windows Directshow player using external filters/codecs, that's if anyone decided to develop one.

There is also the DSPlayer build of XBMC which a couple of Windows developer's created that includes an internal Directshow player that can use filters like LAV. However any further development of this appears to have hit a dead end as the developers have moved on to other things, so will remain stuck as a Eden build unless someone picks up the development.
damn Sad
guess we are stuck on ffmpeg then
Cant the devs here pick up this issue and post it further up the ladder.. this is a serious issue, made a ticket on ffmpeg though
(2012-09-09, 01:06)Oddsodz Wrote: PS. Can't wait for full on Blu-Ray Java like support ;-)
That will depend on the reverse engineering work by VLC, the only official way to get java support is to become a Blu Ray licensee but that also requires Cinavia DRM to be implemented so never going to happen on XBMC. Cinavia is the reason many of the new media streamers are now dropping full Blu Ray support and going back to BD Lite support which doesn't require any license.

The next release of XBMC Frodo will contain a title selection menu ala BD Lite to better navigate the various streams on a full disk rip.

(2012-09-09, 11:21)Skank Wrote: damn Sad
guess we are stuck on ffmpeg then
Cant the devs here pick up this issue and post it further up the ladder.. this is a serious issue, made a ticket on ffmpeg though
Well for forced sub detection there is a ffmeg patch as shown in the other thread, and assuming that patch has been submitted and gets accepted it will eventually work it's way into XBMC. But someone needs to find out if that patch has been submitted which I guess only the author of that build can help with.

(2012-09-09, 11:25)jjd-uk Wrote: The next release of XBMC Frodo will contain a title selection menu ala BD Lite to better navigate the various streams on a full disk rip.

Ohh, That sounds nice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-Ray FORCED Subtitles 0