60hz@Full Screen Window or 23Hz@True Full Screen
what does everyone run around here. I have both a GT520 and a HD6450 i've tried working with and simply can not achieve a happy 23.976 fps (closest I can get is a fluctuation 23.x - 24.x back and forth )

desktop is set to 1920x1080@23hz
set display refresh rate is on
true full screen in xbmc

yet, some of my media will simply not play right and jutter

the only thing that seems to work for me is to

set desktop to 1920x1080@60hz
turn of set display refresh rate in xbmc
set to full screen window.

any input?
23@True Fullscreen with MPCHC, lav filters and madvr. I get 23.9752 according to the madvr stats. I guess it's not perfect, but it looks perfect and this setup plays everything I throw at it in any resolution along with perfect HD audio playback.
hmm.... is there a frodo build with mpchc,lav, madvr?
or just follow this : http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/06/...r-in-xbmc/
Turn off fullscreen window, turn on set display refresh rate in xbmc and keep the default refresh rate at 60Hz. If you`re talking about the XBMC OSD stat that shows the frame rate, forget about it, that`s not showing you the real framerate at which the video is being played (FernetMenta, one of the Linux XBMC devs had a post about this, i`ll link it if i can find it), just an approximate value, so it`s always showing weird values, sometimes it would show 16FPS for a second yet the video was playing back just fine on my GT610, at 16FPS it would have been a choppfest Smile
I have 1920x1080 @ 60hz in Windows, true fullscreen #1 with set display refresh rate in xbmc, and I'm using an HD6450. I don't notice any problems with frame rates this way.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-12, 15:20)mrpeterparker Wrote: hmm.... is there a frodo build with mpchc,lav, madvr?
MPC-HC must be configured as a external player so it's outside of the goal of a XBMC build (being Frodo or Eden), you need to modify your playercorefactory.xml XBMC file according your needs.

As a first step dive into the Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup thread.

Hope this helps.

thanks everyone....

alfredo: i just tried mpc-hc... it's a little too "broken" for me as far as interface (it appears you have to get to the end of the video for it to kick back to xbmc)

think i'll just go back to good 'ol dvd player.
oh WTH...

ok so i set it to

1920x1080@60hz in CCC
xbmc - true fullscreen
xbmc - adjust display refresh rate to match video - enabled

dropping frames now.

if i turn off "adjust display refresh rate to match video" it's fine for this particular file.
for the record this is the file http://tracker.yibis.com/torrents/%5Byib...kv.torrent
Because that encode is screwed up, whoever did it should be shot.

The encode starts at 23.976 (24p) for the first 15 seconds, then it jumps to 29 and stays at 29. Media info also shows the framerate as "Variable", not 24p, and you can see how the framerate jumps from 24p to 29 in the MPC-HC stats. And XBMC will switch to 24p because that`s what it detects at the beginning of the movie, and then when the file goes to 29 obviously it starts shuttering
(2012-09-12, 16:01)mrpeterparker Wrote: thanks everyone....

alfredo: i just tried mpc-hc... it's a little too "broken" for me as far as interface (it appears you have to get to the end of the video for it to kick back to xbmc)

That's just not true at all. It works perfectly with my Harmony remote. It's completely seamless. The picture quality is far too superior for me to use XBMC by itself, plus I must have HD audio. It's funny that you'll go half cocked and call MPC HC broken, but you'll live with stuttering and juttering from sync issues and no HD audio support as "fixed."

It's not broken, you're not using it right.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
60hz@Full Screen Window or 23Hz@True Full Screen0