• 157(current)
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
I dont know about this updater utility, try manually uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel drivers yourself
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
it basically goes out and gets the same drivers i find on their download page and runs them on a silent install, but i can give it a shot
I had Intel by chat then by phone, they took back my model via DHL and have sent a new one with a working BIOS.
all of this within 5 days !!! amazing!
now i'm giving a try with Win 8.1 and optimizations... hope this will be good ;-)
I've got an DC3217BY, had it for a while and was beginning to get a little bothered by the fan noise so decided to go the silent case route. Ordered a Streacom ST-NC1 and got it all set up last night but am a little nervous of the temperatures. I didn't look at what temperatures I was getting when I had the fan in so wanted to compare with everyone else.

I am running OpenELEC, latest version. For example right now I am looking at system info in Kodi and the temperature is at 72C/161F this is after been on throughout the night but not running any video or anything, essentially idle although looking at the CPU usage CPU0 is at around 20% whilst the others are at 0% basically.

Last night when I was testing it was getting to temperatures of 82C/179C whilst running 1080p 10bit video.

Do these temperatures sound high or am I worrying over nothing? Tempted to get some more thermal paste and reseat everything.
(2015-02-05, 10:04)pummra Wrote: I've got an DC3217BY, had it for a while and was beginning to get a little bothered by the fan noise so decided to go the silent case route. Ordered a Streacom ST-NC1 and got it all set up last night but am a little nervous of the temperatures. I didn't look at what temperatures I was getting when I had the fan in so wanted to compare with everyone else.

I am running OpenELEC, latest version. For example right now I am looking at system info in Kodi and the temperature is at 72C/161F this is after been on throughout the night but not running any video or anything, essentially idle although looking at the CPU usage CPU0 is at around 20% whilst the others are at 0% basically.

Last night when I was testing it was getting to temperatures of 82C/179C whilst running 1080p 10bit video.

Do these temperatures sound high or am I worrying over nothing? Tempted to get some more thermal paste and reseat everything.

I'd be worried too at 179C Wink

Eighty degrees is not alarming, mine runs that hot WITH a fan. Now I must say that that is while running XBMCbuntu, OpenELEC was a bit cooler somehow.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Ha yeah, luckily a typo as opposed to an actual temperature.

Been doing some reading and I think I may have applied too much thermal paste to the CPU. Will crack it open again this evening clean it up and start again to see if I can settle it down a little.

Either way I think it should be ok, better to be safe than sorry though. Just reviews that I had read suggested the case should be more effective than the stock fan.
Ok, something weird is going on here. I haven't reapplied any paste yet. Watched a movie last night and checked temperatures after and they were at around 61C. However the longer I leave it on the system info page where I can watch the temperature it just seems that the temperature will go up consistently.
(2015-02-07, 14:32)pummra Wrote: Ok, something weird is going on here. I haven't reapplied any paste yet. Watched a movie last night and checked temperatures after and they were at around 61C. However the longer I leave it on the system info page where I can watch the temperature it just seems that the temperature will go up consistently.

No that's not weird, that's just a stupid thing in Kodi. It's always been that way. When playing videos, it's using hardware acceleration and the system uses it's resources in an efficient manner. When browsing menu's it is not. Okay, it is a bit weird, because in certain menus, system utilization is much higher. For instance, my fan goes haywire when I'm in some sort of artwork selection menu, but not when I'm browsing through media. My PS4 has the same issue by the way. It's nearly silent while playing, but browsing the menu in Assassin's Creed Unity makes it sound like a fighter jet.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Fair enough. Might not bother reapplying the paste them. Will just stop obsessing over the temperature.
I have one of the old BOXDCCP847DYE

Running Openelec Helix on it. Whenever I've tried to use the "match refresh rate" thing, the audio gets whacked out by about a second on all of my local content.

Is this a known issue or is this a debug log?

I'm sending audio via HDMI to a sony Blu Ray 5.1 audio btw,

thanks all.
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
Hi All
I have finally got around to putting a simrec in my NUC (DCCP847DYE)
I have found heaps of info and diagrams on how to install the PCS-1 but not finding anything on the PCS-2, in particular where to attach the red wire.I realise it's an old thread but any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Stephen

Edit originally said green wire but meant red wire

cheers
Hi,

I bought a new NUC i5 which I have setup with Win 8.1. (NUC DC53427HYE - Core i5 3427U 1.8 GHz 120gb SSD 8gb DDR3 USB 3.0.)

When i first set it all up I installed all the programs I normally use etc.

I have come to stream Video over my home network, the files are MKV and are stored on a office computer upstairs all this is hardwired throughout the house but they are buffering to the point they take 30 seconds or so to actually start then it goes off after a few seconds.

I checked the task manager and its only receiving at around 200kps when I am trying to stream any video from the office PC.

I streamed stuff from cartoon HD, Offside streams etc with no issues so this is just video from the other computer that I am having issues with.

I installed all the latest drivers, updated the bios etc restarted and it seemed to work both via VLC and Kodi.

I got up this morning turned it on and having the same issues as I was before.

Tried changing a few share settings which has done nothing.

It has worked and then stopped a few times now. When it works its fine then when i turn off the NUC all the issues start again.

As it stands at the moment I am back to it not streaming from my home network but everything else is fine from streaming services.

Any ideas? I am a bit desperate on this one as I am totally stuck and Ive been messing with it for about 7 hours lol.

Thanks

I should mention that there was a Acer Revo there before it and it worked fine, I also have a few other Revos dotted around and they are all fine too but they are all just running Kodibuntu and dont have windows on them.

It basically feels like the speed is being throttled when pulling a video from my office PC where all my files are stored.

EDIT:

I just noticed every time it stops working and I uninstall the Network Driver and reinstall it works again until the unit is turned off, when i turn it back on it buffers again.
Finally fixed it,

If anyone has the same issues with buffering etc. Follow the below.

https://romaco.ca/blog/2011/01/28/how-to...etworking/

Crossy
I've been thinking of getting a fanless case for my two nuc's, an i3 and a celeron. I found a case called Streacom NC1 which seem to be half the price of the newer ones with 2,5" ssd at around $35 (along with the fact that it's the only one I could find that support the first NUCs). Anyone care to give me their opinion on these? Are they worth it?
Also what are the differences between NC1S-GK NC1S-CK?
I bought a refurb NUC from an eBay power seller for $140 recently and it works and looks like new. The model is DC53427HYE i5-3427U. I ordered a Flirc USB Receiver and a Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control. I can control every feature I use with either this Harmony Remote or my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard. The one thing I need to know is if I can power the NUC ON with a remote ?

I can barely hear the fan inside unless my ear is against the case and it only gets barely warm. I was going to spring for an Akasa Newton V but like the OEM case a lot. The rubber feet makes it hard to slide off my AVR.

OpenELEC 5.95.3
4gb DDR3L
60gb Kingston SSD
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)24