Get elapsed song time for my visualizer
Im posting this question here regarding to this project : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139672. Since the "Visualization and Screensaver Development" subforum seem to be focused more on a progress / release aspect.

Anyway, since I want my visualiser to be heavily synced to the audio data. I need some way of getting the elapsed song time from xbmc. First. I noticed in the source that there is some announcement manager which announces pauses, plays etc. I guess I could hook the callback from this announces to start / pause my own timer? However I figured that the media playback part of xbmc already contains variables like this? Would there be any way I could access them? And im not talking about the graphical representation of "elapsed time" in seconds but the more precise inner workings of the audio playback.

Thanks in Advance, David.
it would have to be added, there's no way to access it from your side of the pound at this time.
Then there is unfortunately no way i can possible continue with this project. Wich is sad. Especially since i had the intention to make it a school project...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get elapsed song time for my visualizer0