compile from git
I have been using git source to compile for over a year. Compiling new xbmc once every 2-3 weeks. Recently it seems as if something has changed.
configure errors out with the following.
checking for main in -lGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

I cannot figure out what library was missing. It looks like it should be OpenGL libraries but they are installed. I did everything stated in the README.ubuntu.

git clean -df
git pull
./configure

Environment:
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit

Did you install all of the packages described in the README.linux? The requirements change sometimes as XBMC changes.

You can also try an "make distclean" before compiling. Also a log of the screenoutput while configuring will help us help you.
I never make it to the "make" portion. "configure" errors out with the message above.
I guess not all of the new required libraries have been documented yet. I found in another post that java is required for doxygen, this is not in the README.ubuntu at all, yet.
So, I just thought a developer may be able to tell me which version of the OpenGL library is required now?

Configure screen output: screen output

config.log: config.log
Java jre default (version 7 i think).
It should be in readme because u saw a commit for updating the readme

It's all there
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...DME.ubuntu
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just checked the readme again and made sure all the dependencies are indeed installed. They are. I apologize "default-jre" is waaaay at the end, just didn't see it.
I still get the error in the posted logs when running configure. see previous post ^^^

Fortunately I was able to install my new ION box with the older XBMC source on my server. Really looking to test out the Thumbnail caching updates that have been documented in the Wiki lately.

And I want to thank all of you hard working XBMC developers, XBMC is the best media application ever. Keep up the great work!
There are also dependencies mentioned in the linux.readme. Did you check those too?
assuming you dont want any ./configure or nfs bluray etc options try this:

Code:
git clean -xfd && git reset --hard && git pull --rebase
make -C lib/taglib && make -C lib/taglib install ; ldconfig; depmod -a
./bootstrap && ./configure && make && make -C lib/addons/script.module.pil && make install

Your first post is missing a few steps.

if it fails again, the error I saw its missing lGL read this http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/...ost3087462

I usually only needed to do:

git clean -df
git pull
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install

I even tried pulling source fresh in another folder, so the "git reset and --rebase" would not really help. But I tried anyways, just in case I am missing something here.

I understand the taglib portion, before ./configure needs to be there now.

Doing everything exactly as bugme stated still bombs out on the configure stage. Error logs are the same.

Additional info, I get the same error from a freshly installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS box.
Both systems currently have working XBMC installs, compiled from git source, dated from about 4-5 weeks ago.
you need libGL which mean your missing a dependency (at least one) various packages provide that library, if your missing one, it wont work.

This means you have to install it before you can proceed.

DO you have nvidia graphics? if so reisntall the driver
Code:
sudo aptitude reinstall nvidia-current nvidia-settings
if you have ATI idk what it is but there are many topics on this.

However I recommend you follow the instructions I pasted, because they are in the readme.ubuntu readme.linux and the git commands are 99.9999% fool proof.

to check your deps are installed run this. (this is from readme.ubuntu)

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential gawk pmount libtool nasm yasm automake cmake gperf zip unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound2-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmpeg3-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-dev gettext cvs python-dev libyajl-dev libboost-thread-dev libplist-dev libusb-dev libudev-dev libtinyxml-dev libcap-dev curl swig default-jre autopoint libltdl-dev

then run the code again on the previous post
Already checked all those dependencies. Ran just now again and no changes, all already installed.
Compiling primarily on system with ATI, drivers are installed and working.
How do I know? h264 acceleration xvba(vaapi) is working and I can compile earlier git revision. libGL is detected

My Nvidia ION system is the same, drivers installed and working properly. VDPau working. Can compile earlier git revision. libGL is detected

Something has changed in git. perhaps It is just broken ATM, but I have been trying for several days.
New source in git is somehow not detecting libGL, but this was a dependency all along and older revision has no issues.
it compiles fine here, no changes regarding opengl
no idea it compiles here fine too.
For some reason the older revision would still find libGL.
I had to link the current ATI drivers OpenGL lib into /usr/lib like so:

ln -s /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 /usr/lib/libGL.so

NOW it will configure.

Still strange the older code had no issues??

On a Nvidia graphics system this would something like:

ln -s /usr/lib/nvidia-current/libGL.so.x.x /usr/lib/libGL.so (replace x.x with actual file name)
git diff configure.in <oldworkingrevision> and you will see which changes which might have introduced the problem for you.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compile from git0