Win Passthrough is it possible ?
Firstly Thank you all of developer programmer supporter teams and who ever work for this beautiful player its really amazing

"Audio output
Allows you to tell xbmc about the type of connection to the audio equipment. Optical/Coax and HDMI enable the passthrough of Dolby Digital and DTS to capable receivers."

the above quote taken from Wiki Page "GUI Settings" section

so here is my devices

OS = Win 7 running at 64 bit sp1
CPU =Amd PII 965 c3 (3,4ghz quadcore)
RAM = 2*4Gb 1333 mhz CL7
Mobo =Gigabyte 890 GPA UD3 (includes realtek ALC 892 o/b sound card)
VGA =MSI Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (licensed to passthrough Dolby trueHD and DTS HD via 1.3 HDMI)
AVR =Yamaha RX-V 663

here the Question

Can I Passthrough FLAC 5.1, DTS 5.1, Dolby digital5,1 audio files using via HDMI
and if it is possible how Can I do that ?

I was using the KMP for DTS audio tracks and KM player can Passthrough via S-pdif but it cannot PassthroughFLAC 5,1 ...

best regards

Does your AVR support audio through hdmi?

You can enable passthrough of dts and dolby digital through hdmi in xbmc. Not sure about flac 5.1
(2012-09-28, 16:51)E.n.i.a.c Wrote: Can I Passthrough FLAC 5.1, DTS 5.1, Dolby digital5,1 audio files using via HDMI

1) DTS and AC-3 (Dolby Digital) works fine via passthrough. You only have to enable it in xbmc's audio settings.
2) Passthrough of FLAC 5.1 generally don't work because most AVR's only support decoding FLAC 2.0. But sending it as PCM works fine over HDMI.

(2012-09-28, 16:51)E.n.i.a.c Wrote: I was using the KMP for DTS audio tracks and KM player can Passthrough via S-pdif but it cannot PassthroughFLAC 5,1 ...

You can't do multi-channel PCM over S/PDIF, it can only be done over HDMI. S/PDIF doesn't have enough bandwidth.
Edit: I see from you AVR specs that it can also do TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. Those formats can also only be done over HDMI.

thnx for the answers can anyone help me to get advancedsettings My audio settings looks like

http://i48.tinypic.com/rwufib.jpg

and i want to access particularly the "passtrough" section as its looks kile the below pic

http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/thumb/7/78/S...Output.png

how can I get this section

You need to upgrade to a nightly build or a monthly snapshot to access those. You can download a snapshot from here, http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/
(2012-09-28, 18:37)E.n.i.a.c Wrote: thnx for the answers can anyone help me to get advancedsettings My audio settings looks like

http://i48.tinypic.com/rwufib.jpg

and i want to access particularly the "passtrough" section as its looks kile the below pic

http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/thumb/7/78/S...Output.png

how can I get this section
Follow the instructions in SETUP section of this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
That build will only give you 16bit audio but will give you DTS-HD & TrueHD. If you want the whole shebang including 24-bit 5.1 FLAC you need to use a nightly.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-09-29, 02:10)DDDamian Wrote: If you want the whole shebang including 24-bit 5.1 FLAC you need to use a nightly.
Is it stable yet?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-29, 02:10)DDDamian Wrote: That build will only give you 16bit audio but will give you DTS-HD & TrueHD. If you want the whole shebang including 24-bit 5.1 FLAC you need to use a nightly.

excuse my nuubish but what is exactly "nightly." ??
(2012-09-29, 11:52)E.n.i.a.c Wrote: excuse my nuubish but what is exactly "nightly." ??

Nightly builds of xbmc can be found here:
xbmc nightlies
"Only for the brave. You should expect breakage when running these builds."
For the things I do with XBMC the nightlies work great, but you have to test for yourself.
You can savely install the nightly in a different folder and start it in portable mode for testing purposes.
(2012-09-29, 02:58)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-29, 02:10)DDDamian Wrote: If you want the whole shebang including 24-bit 5.1 FLAC you need to use a nightly.
Is it stable yet?

Depends on your idea of stability lol. I use it exclusively, but of course it works on my rig - I squash what doesn't work for my usage! The same goes for other devs but that doesn't stop new development thank goodness.

There have been major additions between 11.0 and 12.0 - AudioEngine, PVR, TagLib, textureDB rework to name a few. The majority of the major injections are in and the coming months are all about stability improvements for Frodo. Or we could just call Eden the last version and pack it in (not!).
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-09-29, 12:02)solidsatras Wrote:
(2012-09-29, 11:52)E.n.i.a.c Wrote: excuse my nuubish but what is exactly "nightly." ??

Nightly builds of xbmc can be found here:
xbmc nightlies
"Only for the brave. You should expect breakage when running these builds."
For the things I do with XBMC the nightlies work great, but you have to test for yourself.
You can savely install the nightly in a different folder and start it in portable mode for testing purposes.

Thnx for the usefull info

that "nightly" version solve my problem i can play 5.1 FLAC and all the other stuff now
Smile
(2012-09-28, 17:49)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 16:51)E.n.i.a.c Wrote: Can I Passthrough FLAC 5.1, DTS 5.1, Dolby digital5,1 audio files using via HDMI

1) DTS and AC-3 (Dolby Digital) works fine via passthrough. You only have to enable it in xbmc's audio settings.
2) Passthrough of FLAC 5.1 generally don't work because most AVR's only support decoding FLAC 2.0. But sending it as PCM works fine over HDMI.

(2012-09-28, 16:51)E.n.i.a.c Wrote: I was using the KMP for DTS audio tracks and KM player can Passthrough via S-pdif but it cannot PassthroughFLAC 5,1 ...

You can't do multi-channel PCM over S/PDIF, it can only be done over HDMI. S/PDIF doesn't have enough bandwidth.
Edit: I see from you AVR specs that it can also do TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. Those formats can also only be done over HDMI.

Hello. You mention above that sending FLAC over HDMI via PCM works fine (makes sense). Is there a feature in xbmc (or any audio software package) to have all audio decoded to LPCM first and then transferred via HDMI to the receiver? I mean --- that would make things easier for formats that may not be supported by a receiver (such as FLAC 5.1).

I also started converting DTS and Dolby tracks in my media to LPCM via Clown_BD --- but that's just a pain in the A if it can just decode on the fly by the integrated graphics. I have a Core i5 3570K, and would really like to just have it send any and all audio as LPCM over HDMI to my Denon 2112CI receiver. Is it possible in xbmc? What would I need?
(2012-12-22, 19:52)lespaul00 Wrote: Hello. You mention above that sending FLAC over HDMI via PCM works fine (makes sense). Is there a feature in xbmc (or any audio software package) to have all audio decoded to LPCM first and then transferred via HDMI to the receiver? I mean --- that would make things easier for formats that may not be supported by a receiver (such as FLAC 5.1).

I also started converting DTS and Dolby tracks in my media to LPCM via Clown_BD --- but that's just a pain in the A if it can just decode on the fly by the integrated graphics. I have a Core i5 3570K, and would really like to just have it send any and all audio as LPCM over HDMI to my Denon 2112CI receiver. Is it possible in xbmc? What would I need?

If you uncheck everything in the audio settings except "multichannel LPCM capable receiver", i think that XBMC will decode it all ahead of time and send it along as LPCM.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough is it possible ?0