Watched and UnWatched Flag feature for Videos
i watch a lot of series on my xbox. the problem is that i often can't remember which videos i watched and wich videos i still need to watch. is it possible to add a "flag" (icon of some sort) to a video after it has been fully played, indicating that i watched that video?

further, it would be nice to also manually flag a video.

regards,
ace & heinrich_harrer & sirabarth
hi there

me and my wife see a lot of series but we always forget where we were the last time. is there any possibility to ad some flags in front of files so she could mark what she has seen and i would mark in different colour what i have seen?

yours

jerry
i made a request along these same lines, mine just involoved being able to view/sort by the last time a video was played. i think there are many things that could be done to improve the media library without needing to involve playlists. most of the ideas could just be stolen from windows media player's "media library" functionality.

it would be very nice to see added functionality in this part.
i think adding 1 instance of "file accessed" is probably not a problem. but 2?

how do you propose that 2 different ones are handled ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

one is much better than none :-)
so asking you to put a little effort into this was too much i guess...

i'm not saying it will be added mind you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i think that just a flag to mark if a file it was accessed if not enough, because i always access a file to check the quality, subtitles, etc.

great feature it will be to change the color of frame of the thumbnail of each movie. with 3 colors available we could know who already seen the movie!

we could change the color the same way we change the location of the movie, like 1 or 2.

if you don't like colors it could be numbers, abd have a specific view for those movies and filter them.

thanks
i would make a flag literaly, like in email clients. flag in different coulours, like 4 possible colours. a small checkmark by every file.

jerry
the ability to add like 4 different checks by files could be used for many things, but i'd still love to see the date/time they were last played.
is there any progress on that field? i am wondering how can that be that nobody misses any kind of flags. i have 50 columbo series to watch and i don't know which one i watched the last one, have to write on a paper...

jerry
alternative - mark by renaming
example:
decide a simple 'mark' for each user, for example '1', '2', 'a', 'z' etc.
when you've watched a file, add a space and your mark in the end of the filename (before the extension).
remove your mark from the last watched file when renaming the next one if you only want one renamed file at a time.
if you're the only user, you can add and leave your mark in the beginning of the filenames until you've watched the complete folder. this way the files can be resorted as you move along, afterwards clear the mark from all filenames in the folder.
my copy of xbmc is a bit old now, so i'm wondering if this is possible, or has been added, or if it is the sort of thing that needs a script...

basically i've got a fair number of tv series ripped to my xbox, but rather than having to remember what i have watched and how far into each series i am (which means i can only really watch one series at once) i want t to work like tivo and automatically suggest to me the next things to watch (eg: the next episode of any series i'm watching, any unwatched series or films, etc..)

i would have thought this would be stadard functinality on any type of media library software, but i've yet to find one that has it.

does this functionality exist in any way?
ps/ does anyone know of any program for pcs that does this either, as i have a few shows on my pc too.
can someone put my post back in the correct forum, its not really related to this topic and it isn't a feature request as such... sigh...
(toms @ june 27 2005,18:41 Wrote:can someone put my post back in the correct forum, its not really related to this topic and it isn't a feature request as such... sigh...
i think it is a feature request.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
just brainstorming on a sunday afternoon, i would like to propose / like a feature in xbmc to flag video files i watched as seen. with a big library of many movies and tv series it’s difficult to know if i already watched an episode or not. in my family with more people it would be great even to keep track who watched what. so perhaps this could evolve into an (optional) selectable user name / profile at startup !!??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched and UnWatched Flag feature for Videos0