Watched and UnWatched Flag feature for Videos
don't we increment the "played" counter for a song as that song starts? if so, i think it would be easier to apply the same logic to movies, with a simple boolean option of "automatically mark movies as watched". i'd even just default it to true as it seems to be expected.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
please dont flame me for not knowing what i'm talking about.

i've been wanting a feature like this watched/unwatched thing for a long time. for me, this would be most useful for tv shows, so i know which episodes have been watched. because of the way my tv shows are set up, i use file view, not title view for all video files. my question is, is it possible to have a watch/unwatched flag in file view? to me it seems that it would be hard/almost impossible to implement this, as i assume file view does not utilise the database at all.

and i haven't really spent much time in title view, but i assume this view is not good for multiple series of tv shows.
no, it doesn't (and won't) work in file view.

we've been wanting to generalise the video database for a long time, but as you know, these things take time, something we don't have a lot of.

one day it will be done.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ok, it's in cvs now.

it operates by default at 90% of the movie length.

the same now applies to songs.

you can set the % in settings.xml

cheers,
jonathan

you can only check if a video file is watched if it has been queried and added to your db, it would be able to see if any video files is watched, for example i don't query my tv shows on imdb, but it would be nice to know up to what episode i have already seen, and it would be nice, to set xbmc to consider moves as watched if lets say morethan %60 is played, or even desplay beside it how much of it has been watched, so i could see lets say, i have only seen %50 of this move.

i thought it would be really cool!
Smile 
Maybe I'm the only one who uses file mode these days but there are always a few videos that cant be tagged and then are lost in library mode (at least I cant find them).

Anyway, I was hoping someone would be interested in making the watched feature thats available in library mode also available in file view mode if thats at all possible.

Thanks

TY
No, it's not.

Thanks for the quick response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched and UnWatched Flag feature for Videos0