Recommended hardware?
I just got a "TERRATEC Cinergy T PCIe Dual DVB-T/C Tuner" in preparation for the eventual release of XBMC 12 and I'm not most impressed with the video quality, having tested it in DVBViewer Pro. So,

Using cable (DVB-C), and a Windows system, what would you guys recommend as the best TV Tuner to get?
I love my Silicondust HDHR3 Smile and they are network based which is great
To be honest, I'd rather get something internal for my computer... Anyone have any suggestions that fall in that category?
Getting another tuner isn't going to give you a better quality picture. The DVB card is only getting data out of a data stream. It is not modifying the data.
That's what I was thinking too.. I have my TV connected to my PC over HDMI, and when I flick between the tv signal running through the computer and the normal tv signal, there's a noticeable difference.

What could I do to improve the quality of the picture when shown on my PC? If what you say is true, what tricks could my TV (a standard samsung LCD flatscreen) be doing to make the picture look sharper - and could I apply these tricks on my PC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended hardware?0