Repository - Auto Update problem
Hi

I have my xbmc set up to auto update addons, but i'm struggling to figure out how it actually works (or is supposed to work).
Some times xbmc is updating addons on startup, but some times i have to go in and update manually (even though xbmc have found that an update is available).

How often is xbmc looking for updates, and is it supposed to update addons right away, or in what conditions does it perform the update?
And one more question: Is there any api, available through python or web interface, that i can use to trigger repository refresh and addon updates?
It should check every 6 hours and will update right away except if you are watching a video (iirc) then it will do after watching.

You can do a force refresh with the context menu.

Python:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._Functions
"UpdateAddonRepos"

JSON-RPC:
not that i know of
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for your swift reply! Smile

I tried to run UpdateAddonRepos, and the log may indicate something wrong:
09:58:09 T:2873072448 ERROR: Unable to open database Addons15
10:01:08 T:3014436672 ERROR: Previous line repeats 29201 times.

The funny thing is that if I open the Addons15.db with a SQLite browser, the file seems just fine (with the correct latest versions and all). I also tried to delete the Addons15.db file and run UpdateAddonRepos again. xbmc then created a new Addons15 file, but the log is still saying Unable to open database Addons15 and no addons got updated.

Tried to enable debug logging, but I did not get any more details about the "Unable to open database Addons15" problem
strange.
so deleting addon15.db and doing a XBMC restart still show the same error (without doing the UpdateAddonRepos) ?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wow, suddenly my xbmc crashed (killed by the kernel because of out of memory).
I have 2 GB of ram, and in normal idle state below 10% is used. But as soon as i trigger UpdateAddonRepos the memory consumption starts growing, and does not stop until there is no more memory left and xbmc crashed.
(2012-10-24, 10:12)Martijn Wrote: strange.
so deleting addon15.db and doing a XBMC restart still show the same error (without doing the UpdateAddonRepos) ?

Correct
Sorry, it was all my mistake...

I had been a little quick on the copy-pasting on my addon.xml, so my addon was listed as depended of itself.. Undecided
i have added code to prevent the infinite loop.
Goodie! Smile
this looping and error happens, if you share addd-on_data directory, but not the db (add ons.db)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repository - Auto Update problem0