OS X Crash while doing nothing
Heres the setup:

Have a Mac running sab/sick/couch with xbmc database in mysql hiding in the corner.
My main media center unit is a win 7 box with xbmc and re-focus (works fine) - connected to db
I just installed xbmc on an imac in a different room that connects to the same database - skin is PM3.HD (easier to use with a mouse) and I've been using it windowed (so I can actually pretend to get work done at the same time.

All XBMC versions are Eden - not nightlys, straight off the main download page

On the imac, Intermittently it will just quit without warning, most often if I just open xbmc, walk a way for a bit and come back, I'll see the crash error. Doesn't have to be on the home screen either, if I navigate to say the settings screen and let it sit there, after a couple minutes - crash. Log is here: http://pastebin.com/s7FbME8H I can't really tell from the log what the problem is, but other than that crash, it seems to run just fine. Its not choppy, the sounds work, video is good.

What other info can I post to help?

Don't use AFP - its nown to crash on 50% of the system - and at least it seems involved in your crash too. Switch to nfs or smb if you can.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'll give that another go, though I switched to AFP on purpose. I think I was having a problem with it duplicating DB entries, and not playing the videos, but maybe I misconfigured something.

Any idea why it doesn't like AFP?
AFP (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash while doing nothing0