Sufficient configuration for 10bit anime & xbmc
Question 
I'm a big fan of anime (~=japanese cartoons). Recently there is a new trend in the scene to release anime in so called 10bit encoding. Newer sources of xbmc than eden support this, unfortunately my ION1-based htpc can't keep up with those encodes because I noticed for myself and have read in a forum post that vdpau doesn't work with those. Sad

So the question is, which configuration should be sufficient enough to playback 10bit in xbmc encodes without issues, xbmcbuntu being my choice of OS. Does an ION2 board have enough power?

I don't know if this topic is better kept in the Linux & Live subforum, so please mods feel free to move if you think it does belong there.

Edit: Perhaps you could point me out one of these: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94199. Or recommend a prebuild one, I'd be fine with that if I can install linux/xbmcbuntu and configure it the way I want it to work.
No GPU decoding will have enough power, because there's not really a "power" to it. It works or it doesn't, and there's no hardware decoding from any one for Hi10P. If you want the ability to payback Hi10P then you need CPU/software decoding. Something like a core 2 duo or better should fit the bill.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sufficient configuration for 10bit anime & xbmc0