Unable to play 3DBD on my Epson TW9000 projector
Hi,

I come from several mediaplayers but as cinavia is coming to the new Sigma 8910 chip I decided to switch to HTPC also because I want to play Full 3DBD.
So I built myself a XBMC HTPC based on an Asrock H77 Pro4-M + Intel I3-3225 with embedded HD4000 graphics running Win7-64.
At the moment I'm using TMT5 to play my BD-and 3DBD isos.
But here's the problem: my Epson TW-9000 is unable to detect the 3D stream from my HTPC! To be precise: I am able to play SBS when I select it manually on my Projector and not auto! But Full 3DBDs aren't detected at all! I only managed to play them once when I connected my HTPC directly to my projector and setting 3D rendering in TMT5 to manual 3D anaglyph.
But I'm using a Onkyo 3008 3D receiver with HDMI on passthrough and need it for sound! Maybe that's the problem? When I connect my HTPC directly Win7 detects my Projectors' EDID and I can see it in the Intel VGA control panel, But with my Onkyo in between it sees my receiver as primary display!
Been trying everything this past week en hope someone can help me here!

thanks

EDIT: Could it be a refresh rate problem? Normal 1080p is supported @24/50/60hz, 3D SBS 1080p @ 50/60hz and 3D Frame Packaging @ only 24hz

EDIT 2: Tried PowerDVD12 same problem, Full 3DBD not detected, I can see it on the screen but 3D isn't detected by my TW-9000, says signal not 3D
The fact that windows sees your receiver as primary display isnt a problem
With my setup its the same, it sees my pioneer as first display and my tv isnt mentioned, but its not a problem..
So you can exclude that
Well I bought a DVI -to-HDMI converter and could try running dual-screens in win7, DVI-to-receiver and HDMI-to-Projector but then have a problem that all my other sources are on the onkyo!
Sollution buy an expensive 2nd HDMI cable to my projector (15m)!
Or buy an ATI GPU?
Make sure that you are using V1.4 or high speed hdmi cables for both PC to AVR and AVR To PJ. Normal V1.3b hdmi cable won't support Frame packed 3D.
(2012-10-31, 12:37)baijuxavior Wrote: Make sure that you are using V1.4 or high speed hdmi cables for both PC to AVR and AVR To PJ. Normal V1.3b hdmi cable won't support Frame packed 3D.

Well my expensive 15m projector cable works, maybe I need to switch the HTPC-receiver cable as it's a cheap 1.4 with ethernet cable, will try with a different one!
Well todayn I tried a dual screen configuration DVI-to-Onkyo and HDMI-to-PJ and 3D works now and is immediately detected by the PJ
Only drawback I get no HD sound now from my Onkyo only PC sounds! I cloned screens.
So help me please figger this out!

thanks
So sound works now and 3D too!
Only drawback I still need to figger out is when my PJ isn't set to primary display I get picture but when TMT5 starts just a black screen! Need to set it to primary and then it works. How does one switch from PJ to Led tv without needing to change which screen is primary so I allways get picture?
Running screens in cloned mode.

Plz help,ty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to play 3DBD on my Epson TW9000 projector0