Can't assign Smart Playlist to Custom sub menu under Movies
Hi,

I have start fresh by installing Openelec 2.0 and have scrapped all my movies. I then created a couple of smart playlist to filter the movies in to a more usable list. This all works fine so far.

The final bit I can't seem to get to work is assigning the Smart Playlist to a custom item as a sub menu under movies.

Using the customize menu feature I navigate to the custom item enable it and set the type to video playlist, when I try to assign the playlist it does not find any of them. simply shows an empty list.

I know the playlist are created and working as I can see them under Videos > Playlists.

Not sure if this is a bug or I am missing a step somewhere.
I don't think that you could assign a smart playlist to a sub menu of the defaut Movie menu.

But you can do it on a custom menu item.

I have create a custom menu for Movies linked to a smart playlist displaying only movie (and not animated) and 2 sub-menus : Children and Parents ,each one linked to a smart playlist. And every thing work fine Wink
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Hi,
Thanks for your help. I have tried to do as you say and assign a smart playlist to a custom menu item but when I choose the type of Video playlist the following menu which allows you to pick playlists shows empty. What settings did you use when creating the smart playlist is it a type of 'Movie' or something else?
Update: I have found that this is an issue with XBMC as whole and not specific to this skin.

Is anybody else out there using Openelec 2.0 and seeing this issue?
(2012-11-04, 21:21)Remedy02 Wrote: Update: I have found that this is an issue with XBMC as whole and not specific to this skin.

Is anybody else out there using Openelec 2.0 and seeing this issue?

are your playlists in userdata/playlists/video ? that´s needed.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Yes, I can see them in the userdata/playlists/video folder they are .xsp files.

One other thing i have since noted is that I am not able to delete the playlists I create. It gives me the option to delete but the playlists remain even after selecting delete.
I'm not sure if this is similar to your issue, but I wanted to add a smart playlist as a submenu under "movies", but it wasn't letting me.

As a workaround I added the smart playlist to favourites, then added a custom favourite to the submenu under movies and chose the smart playlist I wanted as that favourite, and then it worked.
I updated to one of the Openelec nightly builds and it fixed the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't assign Smart Playlist to Custom sub menu under Movies0