• 2(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-5400K + Radeon HD 7540D
the more i look at it i think i would be ok just going with the original case the was in the OP is there a IR option for those internal. The one with the HT80 appears to be in between the power switch and the mobo so that it can easily turn the system on from cold boot.

Also any suggestions for the blu-ray player for the OP case?
Eskro

Will this PSU work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y71...RFZDGAXG22

i like to use amazon
well, i dont really like the HT80 case because it uses Slot-in optical Disc Drives but,
u can always get this one here from a USA seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-BDC-TS02...vi-content
Pioneer are king!

and that PSU seems good, however, im not sure if it has a fan in the power brick.
if u get it from the same seller as Beer40oz did,
you'll be sure that the brick doesnt contain any fans.
Im going with the case you suggested. The PSU i posted in looking at the pictures it doesnt seem to have a fan in the power brick.

However as im not researching more will the A10-5700 65w or the A10-5800K 100w (i would imagine i would need bigger psu) work in this setup?

also i found this blu-ray drive will it work?

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-UJ240-Bl...gy_e_img_y
The A10-5800K will be too hot for any of these cases. My A10-5700 is coming Wednesday so I should be able to do some power usage testing with the picoPSU this weekend. It's hard to say right now if 90W is enough. My intuition says no.

I also just got a shipment of Toshiba TS-TB23L slot-in blu-ray drives with the bezel and eject button but I haven't had time to try them out yet.
dang nothing could keep the A105800K cool enough? it think this would handle anything i wanted to throw at it.
the A10 5700 is only 65 watt shouldnt it run same or close to the a6

Also anything on the IR i could mount internal like whats is in the ht80

i wont need slot in with the OP case right?

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-UJ240-Bl...gy_e_img_y

this one should work there correct?
the Antec ISK 300-150 case doesnt need Slot-in drives. only normal but slim ones.
Thanks.
anyone have information on the IR like the one in the ht80 case i want it to be internal and be able to turn the system on.
Will this internal IR work if i mod the case slightly

http://www.hd-plex.com/remote.control.html
I intend to build a similar one of these using the same APU and Board, but in a Silverstone SG05 case instead. There's a few things I'm not completely sure of. My intended use of the PC is a bit of all in one, in that it'll be a download server (or at least downloads will be done directly to it, even if it's not always on), my only HTPC and as much gaming as I can realistically enjoy.

My intended build is:

Case: Silverstone SG05 300W
Mobo: ASRock FM2A75M-ITX FM2
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 PC3-14900
APU: AMD A6-5400K 3.60Ghz
HDD: two 'old' 5400rpm Seagate laptop drives I have lying around, one for the OS and one for storage (100gb and 500gb respectively)
Price: about €280 (I'm in Spain)

My intention is to start with the bare minimum and add pieces as I go. What I have listed above is what I figured would be acceptable as a bare minimum. Now, my questions:
- Will I get away with the stock cooler (bearing in mind the SG05 is an airier case with a big fan on the front)?
- Is there anything else anyone would consider a bare minimum for this build?
- The RAM listed in the OP is only available in a single 4GB stick, and I'm not 100% sure the RAM I have on my list is compatible with the board. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance for the help!
(2012-11-06, 19:12)tazz0710 Wrote: Will this internal IR work if i mod the case slightly

http://www.hd-plex.com/remote.control.html

Just to throw a thought out there, why not look for a RF board instead. If its not too much more you wouldnt even have to worry as much about where its mounted (on the back of the case, totally internal, ect) as it doesnt need line of sight like a IR board does.

(2012-11-02, 17:32)eskro Wrote: ... for me, its not about being super extreme cheap anymore.
IMO, this is the most important thing you said in this entire thread.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
(2012-11-07, 02:25)wsume99 Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 17:32)eskro Wrote: ... for me, its not about being super extreme cheap anymore.

Life is too short for plastic cases Wink

But, besides that, I've learned going cheap usually means I didn't get what I want. When I don't get what I want I eventually will and the first thing I bought goes to waste.
(2012-11-07, 02:25)wsume99 Wrote:

yeah well, i learned the hard way Tongue
(2012-11-06, 22:48)audiorealis Wrote: I intend to build a similar one of these using the same APU and Board, but in a Silverstone SG05 case instead. There's a few things I'm not completely sure of. My intended use of the PC is a bit of all in one, in that it'll be a download server (or at least downloads will be done directly to it, even if it's not always on), my only HTPC and as much gaming as I can realistically enjoy.

My intended build is:

Case: Silverstone SG05 300W
Mobo: ASRock FM2A75M-ITX FM2
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 PC3-14900
APU: AMD A6-5400K 3.60Ghz
HDD: two 'old' 5400rpm Seagate laptop drives I have lying around, one for the OS and one for storage (100gb and 500gb respectively)
Price: about €280 (I'm in Spain)

My intention is to start with the bare minimum and add pieces as I go. What I have listed above is what I figured would be acceptable as a bare minimum. Now, my questions:
- Will I get away with the stock cooler (bearing in mind the SG05 is an airier case with a big fan on the front)?
- Is there anything else anyone would consider a bare minimum for this build?
- The RAM listed in the OP is only available in a single 4GB stick, and I'm not 100% sure the RAM I have on my list is compatible with the board. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Does anyone have any feedback on my build? Should I put it in its own thread?

Thanks
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-5400K + Radeon HD 7540D0