Req Ability to create playlist with Year < 19XX
I'm guessing a movie's Year is stored in the database as a string? With pre-Frodo, it is not possible to create a smart playlist with a rule of all movies with a Year less than 1970, for example. The "less than" operator is not available. Is it possible to convert the Year to a number so that these types of queries are possible? Thanks!
It's a date field, so you should be able to use "before" ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

When creating a smart playlist rule using Year, the only operators are "is", "is not", "contains", "does not contain", "begins with", and "ends with". I haven't been able to figure out how to create a playlist for all movies before 1970, for example, using these options. For other fields, there are "less than" and "greater than" operators.
Haven't tried this yet, but can I edit the playlist file directly (rather than through XBMC) to use "before"?
Update...it worked to change the operator to "before" in the xsp file. Maybe the "before" operator can be added to the XBMC interface.
Ah, it's currently set to BROWSEABLE_FIELD, so we lose the knowledge that it's a number. Will see what I can do.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Taken care of in 0664568cfd0a.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks!
Can we have votes changed as well?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
The problem with votes is that most scraped values look like this "12'345" so it's not a clean number and therefore < and > etc don't work properly if you e.g. set a value of "1234" in the playlist.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to create playlist with Year < 19XX0