WS2801 LED stripe and boblight
Hello everyone
i have just setup ambilight addon to my TV+HTPC, now i'm trying to figure it out why it is not working as it should
my htpc has XBMCBUNTU 11 onboard, my tv is hdready one so i change resolution in xbmc and ubuntu to 1280x720
i have waterproof stripe of leds with ws2801 Ic and Arduino duemilanove

i take power supply from ATX PSU molex from drives (5v)

i installed everything and i think i did it correctly because when i start boblightd and then boblight-constant i see that connection is open

the problem starts when i want to check real colours,
i put boblight-constant ff and there is no blue colour on all diodes

but when i write boblight-constant 999999 i get red on all 50
then i try to get some 00ff00 and i get similar to yellow on 1st stripe, and rest of them has blue

when i start boblight-X11 and move the terminal to the edge of the screen (left or right) leds are changing colours (randomly, it has nothing to do with any colour on the screen) then when i put terminal window upper or bottom edge of the screen nothing happens

right now i'm playing only with ubuntu, didnt want to mess in xbmc yet, it should work in X envirement first

someone has similar problem ? arduino is connected to the ws2801 side of pcb and it is communicating (sort of ) so i assume that i'm connected to the input of the stripe, what will happen if i connect arduino to output of the leds ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WS2801 LED stripe and boblight 0