Win Error "This app can't run on your PC"
I have spent three days googling this problem and trying any possible fixes, but to no avail so I am now asking for help. If I missed this being discussed elsewhere (I did search as best I could), I do apologize.

Problem: When downloading xbmc-11.exe "Eden", attempting to run the installer gives the error "This app can't run on your PC. Please contact the developer for a version which will run on your PC"

My setup: HP Folio 13, Windows 8 Pro x64 (upgraded from W7), 4gb RAM, Core i3 processor @1.7GHz

What I've tried to solve the problem:
-Re-downloading the .exe in case it was corrupt
-Saving the .exe to a thumb drive and running from that
-setting compatibility mode for XP and W7- I DID click the "unblock" button in the properties of the file, negative effects
-Uninstalling .NET 4.0 using a utility that comes up when googling for it, then reinstalling .NET 3.5
-Disabling, re-enabling, and disabling again SmartScreen Filter
-Doing a complete reset of Windows, the kind that deletes all your files, programs and settings.

I've asked for help elsewhere with no responses other than "XBMC works fine on my W8 computer" so I'm really at a loss. One thing to note, I am currently in Afghanistan, but I purchased the laptop in Virginia, USA. I think when I downloaded W8, it may have given me a non-US version, since my ISP is based in Hong Kong (side note: worst ISP ever). The only thing left to do that I can think of is re-install Windows 7, install XBMC there, then upgrade to W8 again, but I'd obviously like to avoid this if possible since downloading both would take a few days.

I am at a complete loss. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error "This app can't run on your PC"0