• 21(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
This one: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256170
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi, so it doesn't work with SPMC then? I was hoping on turning off the lights when I hit play and turning then on on pause/stop with SPMC on my nVidia Shield.
Why wouldn't it work on SPMC? No reason it shouldn't that I know of.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry, i understood that from the posts #277,#278 and #279. Its great if it works then. Now I have a great selling point to the missus.
There was an issue at one point, but my patch for it was picked: https://github.com/mpolednik/script.kodi...81ca28bc48
(2016-09-01, 21:07)coaxy Wrote: Hi, so it doesn't work with SPMC then? I was hoping on turning off the lights when I hit play and turning then on on pause/stop with SPMC on my nVidia Shield.

I have it installed in SPMC on my Sony/Android TV and it's working fine. This add-on is excellent and really adds to my home movie watching experience. Thank you to all the folks that've made it possible.

I've heard folks having issues with it in the new Kodi v17 Krypton beta though. Hopefully those issues will get sorted out by the time v17 is released and/or SPMC updates to it.

I, too, would like the ability to use Ambilight on one set of lights (the two that flank my set) with Theater mode on the other three in the same room.
Incoming HUE, i'll let you know how it goes Big Grin
Sorry if this has been answered before, but how can I determine my light ID? I have 3 bulbs and a lightstrip and I'd like the latter to be Ambilight controlled.

I will try this new fork tonight, used Michael Carroll's fork but it didn't work. Will report back!

Thanks.
Hi all,

I have a really annoying issue and I hope you can help me solve it. I just bough an openelec Wetek Core and I cannot use ambilight mode on Jarvis.

If I start a movie, the ledstrips just turn off, if the movie is stopped they turn on again. Add-on is set to ambilight mode, same settings work fine on my laptop.

Please help Smile Thanks.

LE: sometimes it just stays the same collor at full brightness.
Sortit it out, it does not work with amcodec and MediaCodec (surface) hardaware accelaration active. Do you know of any fix for this? Thanks.

@marauder2: light ID = number of the light in your hue application.
(2016-09-28, 22:47)sahara Wrote: @marauder2: light ID = number of the light in your hue application.

So if my lights are ordered as lightstrip, lamp 1, lamp 2 and lamp 3, the light ID for my lightstrip would be #1? Thanks,
Hi Guys,

I have installed this add-on (v0.8B2), connected it to my bridge (Gen2 using autoconfigure) and selected the theater mode, added my light (lightstrip plus) using the light ID as identified by the hue app (19)

When i playback a movie nothing happens, toggling to ambilght mode (which i would really like) doesn't do anything either...

Which logs should I be checking and any ideas why this might not be working ?

<EDIT> Ignore this it's working fine now... quick reboot solved all my issues... #verynice, I just wish you had more control on each individual element of the lightstrips in general! Sad
Fantastic add-on thanks to all those involved in the development and support.

One issue I seem to be running into is when I set the short movie duration to 3900 to avoid the dimming for tv shows it appears to have no affect. Is this a known issue or is there an alternate work around?
I can see in the issues this has been flagged as a to-do, to add but it appears it already exists just broken?
hi i have a problem the addon not work

4:35:52 21.788406 T:1737466784 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: list indices must be integers, not str
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 462, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 95, in __init__
self.update_settings()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 187, in update_settings
self.light = Group(self.settings)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 215, in __init__
Light.__init__(self, settings.light1_id, settings)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 102, in __init__
self.get_current_setting()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 118, in get_current_setting
state = j['state']
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not str
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:35:54 23.117001 T:1745855392 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('bri',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 745, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 168, in __init__
self.update_settings()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 373, in update_settings
self.light = Group(self.settings)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 266, in __init__
tmp = Light(light, settings)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 79, in __init__
self.get_current_setting()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 113, in get_current_setting
self.start_setting['bri'] = state['bri']
KeyError: ('bri',)
-->End of Python script error report<--[/quote]
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0