Xm script
Sad 
i've tried the new xm web radio script, which is working beautifully even if it doesn't have much eye candy yet, but i have one complaint. it doesn't seem to be pulling the high bandwidth streams, and the low bandwidth streams don't sound nearly as good. does anyone know of a way that i might be able to set this up? i tried looking through the script, but not being very good with code i didn't see anything that looked like i could change for this.
i've been working with this script over the weekend, and i'm fairly sure it is pulling in the high speed streams. the url it creates to request the stream tells xm that it would like the high bandwidth feed. i've tried playing the feed in winamp, but it doesn't say the bandwidth of the stream. but yeah, it does seem to be pulling the high bandwidth streams.
if anyone can prove me wrong, please do and we can work to fix it.
i just uploaded my xm radio script to xbmc scripts. it will be available as soon as they get around to posting it. check it out when you get a chance. the script looks much better now and has many more features.
edit:
the script can currently be downloaded from the xm411 forums: link.
Information 
excellent! :bowdown: i'll give it a look. unfortunately, i'm using one of the extremely buggy builds from august (i have to run it in 480p instead of 1080i because half of xbmc doesn't work if i do), so i may not spot any bugs. if i do, i'll pass them on.
unfortunately, i don't have an hdtv, so i can only guarantee that this script will look right at sd resolutions. if you can fix the code ui placement code to work with hd then please do. the problem is that one of the images i use onscreen has to be precisely placed to make sense. the only thing i can think of that would work for all resolutions is this: if you could figure out all the placements for the various different resolutions, i can write a function that will handle ui placement for all of this.
did you try these?
hdtv_1080i = 0 # (1920x1080, 16:9, pixels are 1:1)
hdtv_720p = 1 # (1280x720, 16:9, pixels are 1:1)
hdtv_480p_4x3 = 2 # (720x480, 4:3, pixels are 4320:4739)
hdtv_480p_16x9 = 3 # (720x480, 16:9, pixels are 5760:4739)
ntsc_4x3 = 4 # (720x480, 4:3, pixels are 4320:4739)
ntsc_16x9 = 5 # (720x480, 16:9, pixels are 5760:4739)
pal_4x3 = 6 # (720x576, 4:3, pixels are 128:117)
pal_16x9 = 7 # (720x576, 16:9, pixels are 512:351)
pal60_4x3 = 8 # (720x480, 4:3, pixels are 4320:4739)
pal60_16x9 = 9 # (720x480, 16:9, pixels are 5760:4739)

self.setcoordinateresolution(ntsc_4x3)

resolution = self.getresolution()
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i will look into this and post an updated version in a few days that uses this. i will have to rely on you guys with hd and python skills do any fine tuning
maybe i'm being stupid, but i can't get the version of the xm script posted to run. i noticed a new line in the script in the config area called emulation, but i'm not sure what it means. would this keep it from running?
(del_usion @ sep. 18 2005,15:52 Wrote:maybe i'm being stupid, but i can't get the version of the xm script posted to run. i noticed a new line in the script in the config area called emulation, but i'm not sure what it means. would this keep it from running?
nope, you aren't being stupid. it was my lack of triple checking the archive. here is a link to the xmfan topic that contains and updated version of the script that i know works. just download it and do the following:
***delete all both the clientcookie and xmlib (them being capitalized was the main problem [i didn't do this, but have now fix ed it])
set your username/password in the settings.txt file
upload all of the files in the zip file.
re-upload the background.png file to the xmlib\xmimages directory.

if it doesn't work now, reply to this topic and pm me and i will try to help you figure it out. it helps to use the newest (2005-09-12) cvs build, since that is what i used during development.

just some new notes. there are currently some bugs in the threading code. the threads work fine, but they are not always killed on exit. i will be updating this soon, but in the meantime the script may lockup your xbox every once in a while after you exit it.
i apologize for taking so long to get back on this (life got away from me and i haven't had time to test it), but i still can't get it to run. i upgraded to the 9/26 cvs, and i configured runxm.py and settings.txt (i'm a little fuzzy on which one actually is handling the login in your version). unfortunately, every time i try to run it i get an error, "configure settings file. exiting." i have tried it both with that emulating line in the config section of runxm.py and with it commented out, since i still don't know if that needs something done, but neither seems to be making a difference. ideas? have you made a new build in the time that i've been away?
i am running "9-25 proper" xbmc using hd 1080i and the script works. i wiped my xbmc directory and just added the few changes in the xml file to load.

notes -

a bit slow to cache enough to play, but i haven't modified it like it says in the readme.

i did get it to lock up when i got impatient trying to shut it down or change channels, that is somewhat my own fault.

the text is kinda small, but that is expected for first run code viewed in hd, and it is mainly to listen to, not watch, so i am extremely happy for now...

-mike
del unison, could you do me a big favor and do this: after the script errors out, hit the white button and post the text from the debug window. that might help me shed some light on your issues. the script prints info about the exception that has occured to the debug screen. since the script is saying to check the settings file, there an exception is being raised. i know it's a pain in the butt to type whatever is on the screen but it'll help.

as far as the font being small in hd, i can't help this, i don't have an hdtv, so i have hard coded the script for my sdtv. if anyone wants to take my presentation code and make it work for hd, please do so, but i am not since i have no way to test this.
if you are having trouble getting the script to run, make sure that you are installing the script to the scripts directory, and not to a directory within the scripts directory:
xbmc\
|->scripts\
|
-->runxm.py
-->cachedhttp.py
-->clientcookie\
-->xmlib\

where xbmc is the root directory for xbmc. this is how this script must be installed to work properly. if you have trouble after doing this, then i am not sure what is wrong. i triple tested this program to make sure it ran.

Quote: this is how this script must be installed to work properly
hello !
i made some little changes to make your script working in every folder. you can get it and try it : http://xbmc-scripts.gueux.be/documen....lex.zip

i only added os library import,
import os
then a variable to store the current localisation path of the script :
home=os.getcwd()[:-1]+\\
then i replaced everywhere the string :
"q:\\scripts\\
with
home+"

not tested in your script but it should work fine.
try it and tell me
thanks man. i will test it in a bit, i'm preoccupied with some other projects right now. everyone should feel free work on this. i have some updated code that i have worked on, but i do not feel like it is ready for release. i got a new computer this weekend, so i have been in the process of setting it up how i like (it's a compaq, so this takes a lot of time.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xm script0