Win MQ4 Music Fanart Problems
Hey Guys,

Skin is amazing, everything is working flawlessly except for one thing.. For my music collection I have no fanart displaying in the main screen, I can see it flash for a second between tracks like it's trying to retrieve it but nothing. Weird thing is, for some artists (maybe 5-10%) when im playing a track and I press escape I see the fanart on the home screen.

So can someone educate me on exactly how I need to set this up? I feel like I tried everything.

What plugins do I need? I can never tell if they are actually doing anything, currently I'm using Universal Scraper for everything.. but then there is a program add-in called "Artist Slideshow", Downloaded and enabled that and nothing still Sad

Any Thoughts?

bump
About to give up, I'm really annoyed. Mostly because I've seen it work and then it stopped for no reason and it's been taunting me for days.
(2012-11-18, 09:43)Guldan Wrote: About to give up, I'm really annoyed. Mostly because I've seen it work and then it stopped for no reason and it's been taunting me for days.

Can you upload a debug log to pastebin and post the link here so we can take a look. Wink

Thank you! this is just me logging in and opening up a blue scholars song, currently it's displaying their fan art on the home screen but not in the music screen. I also noticed it's picked up fanart for some popular artists like drake and Rihanna.

Pastebin here:
http://pastebin.com/94KNy5ev
(2012-11-18, 21:42)Guldan Wrote: Thank you! this is just me logging in and opening up a blue scholars song, currently it's displaying their fan art on the home screen but not in the music screen. I also noticed it's picked up fanart for some popular artists like drake and Rihanna.

Pastebin here:
http://pastebin.com/94KNy5ev

Well, I see what the problem is. It seems you did not set the correct path to the artist folder in the artist slideshow options. It's trying to fetch fanart from E:/Media/Music/Blue Scholars But there is no directory with that name. There are 2 possible solutions. One is you can move all your artists folders e.g Blue Scholars to your music root directory. Or you can edit the Local Artist folder setting in the options page of Artist Slideshow to E:/Media/Music/Artists/ This will most likely solve your problem.
Didn't work Sad

I set slideshow root to e:\media\music\artists
then moved 1 album to e:\media\music\artists\blue scholars

Doesn't show anything, what should my settings be in the music section? fanart still displaying only in home screen
(2012-11-20, 06:29)Guldan Wrote: Didn't work Sad

Doesn't show anything, what should my settings be in the music section? fanart still displaying only in home screen

Do you have by any chance multiple artist on that album ? e.g Eminem feat. Dr. Dre - Not Afraid ? I had the exact same problem. And it was just a tag naming thingy. The reason that it shows a background in your album view is because the "Album Artist" tag is set correctly. I recommend using mp3tag editor to change the necessary tags (Or change them automatically).

But remind, for showing fanart. The artist tag and the album artist tag are the most important ones.

Album Artist - shows the background when scrolling trough the library
Artist - Shows the background for individual songs

If you really want to keep Eminem feat. Dr. Dre as your artist and you want to show fanart for it, you'll need to make an folder to accommodate that "artist".
So you will need a folder tree like this:

-------->Artist folder
------>Eminem
--->Album folder
->cdart.png
->folder.jpg - Album cover
--->extrafanart folder
--->fanart.jpg

------>Eminem feat. Dr. Dre
--->extrafanart folder
--->fanart.jpg

I hope you get what I'm saying if not please let me know and I'll try to explain myself better.
(2012-11-20, 15:58)Tony0892 Wrote:
(2012-11-20, 06:29)Guldan Wrote: Didn't work Sad

Do you have by any chance multiple artist on that album ? e.g Eminem feat. Dr. Dre - Not Afraid ? I had the exact same problem. And it was just a tag naming thingy. The reason that it shows a background in your album view is because the "Album Artist" tag is set correctly. I recommend using mp3tag editor to change the necessary tags (Or change them automatically).

But remind, for showing fanart. The artist tag and the album artist tag are the most important ones.

Album Artist - shows the background when scrolling trough the library
Artist - Shows the background for individual songs

If you really want to keep Eminem feat. Dr. Dre as your artist and you want to show fanart for it, you'll need to make an folder to accommodate that "artist".
So you will need a folder tree like this:

-------->Artist folder
------>Eminem
--->Album folder
->cdart.png
->folder.jpg - Album cover
--->extrafanart folder
--->fanart.jpg

------>Eminem feat. Dr. Dre
--->extrafanart folder
--->fanart.jpg

I hope you get what I'm saying if not please let me know and I'll try to explain myself better.

Appreciate the responses, I do have multiple artists for some but literally 0 fan art is showing up even with the artist is by themself. also like I said it's downloading fanart to database folder but it's not displaying it. I think what I need to do is setup cdART but it doesn't seem to work.

It spent 8 hours building a database then when I went back it it said not found, creating a new one! I'm not sure where to point the directories..

go and try the aeon nox skin to see if it works there, might be a problem with mq4 and frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ4 Music Fanart Problems0