Frodo Beta 1 Force xbmc menus to 60hz
Not sure if this is a beta issue or just one where I have hosed something up on my own. But I have 24hz playback working great now in Frodo Beta 1, but the menus all stick at 24hz instead of 60hz. I have the setting "adjust display refresh rate to mach video" which is great, but I would like the menus to run at 60hz instead of 24hz.

With the menus at 24hz, I either get tearing or stuttering, depending on whether I have the "vertical blank sync" feature enabled.

Thoughts?
Zed's no moving parts HTPC
i3 2100, Thermalright Ultra 120 HS, 4GB DDR3, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Z68 Mobo, Silverstone TJ08B-E Case, Seasonic 400FL PSU, Onkyo TX-SR608

Zed's Trinity uHTPC
A10 5700, Noctua NH-L9a HSF, 4GB DDR3, 64GB Crucial M4 SSD, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mobo, Wesena ITX4 Case w/90W PSU

The answer may lie with your gfx card software, I didn't see a separate refresh rate in XBMC (other than while playing a video), and would presume the display refresh is handled by your graphic card. But you might be right in an expectation of jumping from a 24hz signal back to 60hz for display. If your display is 1080p and some skins run at 720p, you might try a different skin to see if you can jog something. What happens when you run a video that is not 24fps? or are they all down converted? If you're running a ATI card within the Control Centre>Digital Flat Panel> do you see your predefined res listed and applied?

Some questions that come to mind.

-What O/S
-What GFX card
-Booting into O/S first?
-Dual screens? or monitor 1-2?

I suspect that if you configure your O/S to come up 60hz, then run XBMC in windowed mode, your interface will be forced 60hz, then you might get the behaviour you wish... the trick is holding it for full screen I guess.
Using SB integrated graphics. Win7 desktop boots to 60hz and then when xbmc loads it changes to 24hz. Flips back to 60hz when I exit XBMC. Single monitor.
Zed's no moving parts HTPC
i3 2100, Thermalright Ultra 120 HS, 4GB DDR3, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Z68 Mobo, Silverstone TJ08B-E Case, Seasonic 400FL PSU, Onkyo TX-SR608

Zed's Trinity uHTPC
A10 5700, Noctua NH-L9a HSF, 4GB DDR3, 64GB Crucial M4 SSD, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mobo, Wesena ITX4 Case w/90W PSU

Then you should be able to force 60hz on XBMC with windowed mode. On Eden in settings>system you can have Vert Sync during video playback which suggest to me that you can have your cake and eat it too, but I'm not hopeful with onboard graphic solutions. You would need to toggle display rate matches video or sync to video clock. It should be do-able, but something tells me the gfx driver is not up to the challenge. I didn't see these handles in Frodo B

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Beta 1 Force xbmc menus to 60hz0