Separate Music Folders
Hi, I am kinda new to this whole HTPC thing. Just a question (if there is already a thread about this, sorry). I have 2 separate main folders for my music, one for my everyday music and one for my soundtracks. I was wondering if I could setup the soundtrack tab as separate from the main music tab on the home screen. Thanks.
Smart playlists - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_playlists
Evilcult's suggestion is a good one but only goes part of the way. Unfortunately, at least in Eden, I found there are some serious limitations in using smart playlists for music.
First of all, you can only create a playlist wich shows the collection by albums or individual tracks. You can't group them by Artist, as the default Music library does.
Second, you can't use "path" as a filter with albums, only with individual tracks so you have to use "genre" or something like that as a filter.
Thirdly, you might need a different skin than the default if you want to add the smart playlist to the homescreen. I use Rapier but there are several other skins that can do this.

Although Frodo is still limited in regard to the music library, the first and second seems to have been added.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
So I went and looked at the link, but I have no idea how to arrange the stuff in the xml file. If I wanted to have one for my music and one for soundtracks, and I wanted both folders to go straight to albums for the category, what would those look like?? Sorry if I'm noobing all over everyone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate Music Folders0