ATV Issues since update at teh weekend
Hi all

Firsty excuse my complete noobishness. I have been running XBMC eden on my ATV1 for several months now without any problems, and I have never had to post on here before because the general guidance and advice I have received from the wiki and posts on here has been very good and has sorted any problems with install and operation that I have had.

Anyway, enough brown-nosing, here's my problem.

My ATV1 updated automatically on Saturday night (I'm in the UK so it may have been earlier/later elsewhere). I am not sure what the update was. However, now I cannot get anything to work.

1Channel and Icefilms will not open and give me plug in script errors and NaviX opens but crashes very soon after that throwing me back to the initial ATV1 menu.

The appearance of the interface is also completely wrong. I had been running the Metropolis skin, but instead of the normal graphics I am now presented with a black screen with the various options on either side of the screen. After many failed attempts I managed to get it back on to the Confluence skin, but it is incredibly distorted.

Basically what I want to know is whether I can use the pathstick that I used to install XBMC in the first place to reinstall it, and whether this will cause any errors. If not could someone direct me to the code that I can use to SSH into the machine to fix this error.

Also, how do I turn automatic updates off so that this doesn't happen again?

Sorry if I haven't been exact enough. Any help would be most gratefully appreciated.

Jack
Same problem here. I started my xbmc on appletv 2 this night and bähm. Nothing was working. I used the simplicity skin. I had to reset all the skin options. But it is not working like before. What happened?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Is it just 1Channel and Icefilms that's not working? If so, they're not supported here. Otherwise, please enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, reproduce the error and upload the debug log (wiki) to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL link here with your reply.
There should have been no automatic updates for anything, ATV OS or XBMC, for the ATV1 using original ATV OS. As far as I know, no updates happened for Crystalbuntu either. Whatever you experienced wasn't an update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV Issues since update at teh weekend0