remove warning message
Hi,

I use XBMC for a long time and it's the best media center I have met. so first, thanks to all the developers for it. Smile

I hope you can help me solve an annoying thing.
all my videos are on my private network so I read them from clients pc. (all running linux if it's relevant).
the thing is, that when I click on a video to start playing, if the remote hard drive was not on use in the last minutes, it's take it a few second to "wake up" and start streaming the data, but xbmc after a few moments return a message that the video is not available, and ask do I want to remove it.
it's annoying. is there any way to increase the waiting time or just remove this question?

thanks for your help.
You can increase the samba timeout in advancedsettings.xml if the shares are smb source, if not I haven't a clew. (I think thats what that setting does)

<clienttimeout>10</clienttimeout> <!-- timeout (in seconds) -->

Probably from 10 seconds you want 60 or 120, adding these settings requires xbmc restart.

See this on how to add it http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Csamba.3E

However dont believe you cant get rid of the message altogether, I think that's hardcoded. Though Im not a expert someone that is can comment on that.

uNi
thanks for reply.

it is samba shares but the samba is not the problem, because if I access the file via file manager or other video player it doesn't have a problem, it's just wait longer and not rush to give and error message. thanks Smile
Well increase the timeout then like I said. That will give xbmc more time before it gives up and spits a error.

Otherwise put up with it. Big Grin

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remove warning message0