Display recently added?
Hi, sorry to bug you guys again.. Im using Frodo beta and last Transparency build, all works well but for a few things.

1. The recently added movies/tv shows doesnt seem to work, the sub menu does, but the main area part doesn't on the right corner (widjit is it called?).

2. It takes a long time for the fanart and thumbs to show up, once they do all is fine but the initial time its very slow, like 10+ seconds slow, as it seems to only do it once (finding the stuff mabey?) its not too bad I guess but with 500+ movies and 600+ tv episodes, could take a long time.

Thanks

EDIT: Also how can I make the fan art transition effects go away? So that it changes instantly instead of that fading effect?

Another EDIT: Ok I figured out I had to install the skin widjit (duh) so the recently added part now works, sorry about that, but the slow thumbs and fanart part is a killer Sad
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
The way thumbs are handled in Frodo is a big change from what was.... The slow thumbs might improve as we get closer to release. In Eden thumbs were cached at one point... and as long as you moved around your library slow enough it was pretty liquid.

Now with Frodo a lot of my file mode folders have 'movie sets' and 'custom sets', and each folder is now showing a 'set' if there is one movie in that folder that belongs to the set. So when I go to any folder, I'm seeing 'Oscars' 'Academy Award Winners' and others which shouldn't too much of an issue.. other than the fact that the sets get cached from 10 different harddrives some of which have to pull up from sleep mode.... so ya there's a bit of hurky jerky to coverflow until the cache kicks in.

The lesson I take from this is to not make 'custom sets' unless they're all on the same physical drive. Utilization of 'tags' 'playlists' and 'custom nodes' seems a better choice. From my experimentation with thumbnails from a 'ram drive' covers fly faster than I can use the scroll wheel, so the best interim solution might be an SSD.

The fading effect is in one of the XML files... Not sure which, might be Home.XML (I asked this question a few weeks back and Ronie gave me the fix, you might look back for it).
Hi ok thanks but it was too unbearable, I had thought that once the thumbs were found it would be ok, but that wasn't the case and it was so slow and so bad it was utterly pointless and unusable so I went back to eden and original transparency skin and now everything is back to normal.

I still want to ditch the fading effects so I'll try and find that, thanks.

I do have TV episodes on two different drives, and I do have custom sets, but the sets are all on the same drive but thanks for all the info and help Smile
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display recently added?0