hardware question
I'm using the PC I was previously using SageTV with, and it sometimes pauses during playback in XBMC on 720p movies, TV, and even DVD's, and I'm not sure why. I'm using the same PC for XBMC server and playback.

Here's the specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte AM3 AD890GX GA-890GPA-UD3H
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0 Hz with Noctura NH-U9B SE 2 cooler
Ram: 12 GB
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 5670 1GB
Optical Drive: Combo DVD/HD/BR player
SSD: Kingston (os - win 7 pro)
Hard Drives: 3 WD Green (1TB/1TB/750 GB) storage
Tuners: Ceton cable card, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250

Any thoughts why I'd get stuttering / pauses during playback?
Can you provide some more info? Is the media stored locally on the machine, or is it being streamed over a network ( wifi or ethernet)?

When you say "pause" is it a short hickup, or the file stops playing entirely? It is possible that you have some tasks running in the background ( win 7) that are causing this.

Media is stored locally on the WD green 1TB hard drives.

The pause is a short hickup, though sometimes it pauses and stops entirely. I've tired to disable all tasks that are not required, but do have Sickbeard, couch potato and MySQL running in the background.
(2012-11-22, 21:03)xj-boonie Wrote: I'm using the PC I was previously using SageTV with, and it sometimes pauses during playback in XBMC on 720p movies, TV, and even DVD's, and I'm not sure why.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0 Hz with Noctura NH-U9B SE 2 cooler

Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 5670 1GB

Any thoughts why I'd get stuttering / pauses during playback?
The hardware above should be able to handle 720 without stuttering. Have you update the AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect?

Here is a couple more things you can do-

-select "Balanced" power option in Windows control panel/hardware and sound/power options
-Enable DXVA2 and select Auto Detect as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware question0