VNSI and IPTV not working
VNSI PVR addon doesn't seem to be working for me. I want to use VDR for IPTV server for XBMC. XBMC just starts buffering and nothing happens (on Linux and OpenELEC on RPi). Playback via streamdev works fine.

Is there any additional configuration necessary for VNSI server?

I found some inconsistencies with stream types (not sure if it's the same type).

My VDR log:
Code:
Nov 23 21:52:12 rpi-server vdr: [23309] VNSI: Client with ID 3 connected: 192.168.1.104:46819
Nov 23 21:52:12 rpi-server vdr: [23336] VNSI: Welcome client 'XBMC Media Center' with protocol version '3'
Nov 23 21:52:12 rpi-server vdr: [23336] VNSI: Created stream demuxer for pid=257 and type=7
Nov 23 21:52:12 rpi-server vdr: [23336] VNSI: Created stream demuxer for pid=258 and type=2
Nov 23 21:52:12 rpi-server vdr: [23336] VNSI: Created stream demuxer for pid=770 and type=10
Nov 23 21:52:12 rpi-server vdr: [23336] VNSI: Creating new live Receiver
Nov 23 21:52:12 rpi-server vdr: [23336] VNSI: Successfully switched to channel 2 - POP TV
Nov 23 21:52:12 rpi-server vdr: [23336] VNSI: Started streaming of channel POP TV (timeout 10 seconds)

My auto-updated channels.conf:
Code:
SLO 1;IPTV:40:S=1|P=1|F=UDP|U=232.4.1.1|A=5002:I:0:257=27:258=slv@4:769:0:1:0:0:0
POP TV;IPTV:4:S=1|P=1|F=UDP|U=232.4.1.3|A=5002:I:0:257=27:258=slv@4:770:0:1:0:0:0
Looks like the IPTV plugin does not register the section filter properly. VNSI needs to see pat/pmt before it can get started. It places a hook into the device which calls back whenever there is pat/pmt on the stream.
Maybe streamdev just uses pmt information stored with the channel but this is not current. The player can't open the correct streams in this case.
I had channel update on, and when I played with streamdev, it detected the stream types automatically.

I've also enabled section filtering for iptv plugin without any luck. People reported working VNSI + IPTV. Maybe it was just a luck, and recent protocol update broke the compatibility. I'll try to downgrade and report back.

UPDATE: Also not working. I guess I need to configure the plugin properly.
It may have worked with VNSI a couple of weeks ago but it is a bad idea starting the player without having seen pat/pmt.
Ideally this should be fixed in the IPTV plugin, this is where the root cause of this issue is. Have you notified the author of this plugin?
I will. I may still be the problem on my side, but I find it hard to configure VDR, without UI (as I'm using it only for server).

I'm still looking for an ideal IPTV PVR backend for XBMC Smile
Quote: but I find it hard to configure VDR, without UI (as I'm using it only for server).

I am working on this, bringing the VDR OSD (UI) to XBMC.

Let me know what the author says or point she/him to this thread.
can you try this version? https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc-pvr-...its/master
Now it falls back to information in channels.conf for creating demuxers if no pmt has been seen for 2 seconds.
It works! Could you make it so that for the same session, it always falls back to channels.conf? Or even make an option. Thank you!

The IPTV plugin admin didn't find any problems. I'll play with the configuration when I have more time, but currently your solution is quite good. Just 2 seconds is quite a lot Wink
I had a brief look on the home page of the IPTV plugin. Maybe you were right and it is a configuration problem. Section filters can be activated in the config menu for the plugin.
Let me finish my work on the UI, then you can verify.
I agree. I have iptv.SectionFiltering = 1 in my setup.conf, but doesn't seem to have any effect. Do all settings need to be applied for a plugin to take effect?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNSI and IPTV not working0