New HTPC case Fractal Design NODE 605
Hallo,

I am building new HTPC for my living room now. Initially, I thought about SilverStone GD04 Black, but now I have found this new case Fractal Design NODE 605 (http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=prod...=2&prod=95), that looks very interesting in my opinion.

Any experiences with this case NODE 605 or comparison to GD04?

Thank you very much for your opinions.

Peter
Fractal makes awesome quality cases... I seen the case before but I have not seen no one use it yet... it's pretty new.
Give it a shot... should be awesome... and please post pics Smile
If you find the Fractal Design Node 605 for sale anywhere please post it. I have not been able to find it.
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=75057&v...omoid=1066
I'd go with the Fractal Design!

I'm very impressed with my Fractal case (Define XL), but I have no experience with Silverstone products though.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I've built probably half a dozen systems in either the Fractal Design Define R4 or Mini. These are the heaviest, most solid cases I've ever used. They're very easy to work with.

I'd personally jump on the Node 605 but one thing: no IR receiver window. Nothing ruins sleek and simple like an IR receiver sitting on top of the case.
(2012-11-24, 17:36)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I'd personally jump on the Node 605 but one thing: no IR receiver window. Nothing ruins sleek and simple like an IR receiver sitting on top of the case.

Yes, I know about no IR receiver window, but it is same in most of SilverStone Grandia cases...

Do you think this case would be a waste for a XBMC that is purely streaming data from my Unraid NAS.
(2012-11-24, 22:26)hilljd00 Wrote: Do you think this case would be a waste for a XBMC that is purely streaming data from my Unraid NAS.
If it make a person happy, it's not a waste.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-11-24, 22:49)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 22:26)hilljd00 Wrote: Do you think this case would be a waste for a XBMC that is purely streaming data from my Unraid NAS.

There's the smaller version, the Node 304.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-11-24, 22:49)bluray Wrote:

+1. If I got one it'd have a mini-ITX motherboard and a 180GB SSD in it Smile. I could have a tiny little nettop sided box instead, of which I have dozens already paid for. But, it sits above my receiver in full view so I want something that looks like an AVR to match what I have. I think the Node 605 looks like a power amp. The lack of IR window kills it for me though.
(2012-11-25, 00:17)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I think the Node 605 looks like a power amp. The lack of IR window kills it for me though.

That does seem like a major oversight. They just "redesigned" it to move the logo?

Surely they could find an inconspicuous location for an ir receiver. Oh well. I agree that it looks like an amplifier, without the intrusive lights and displays so common on HTPC cases.
Quote:+1. If I got one it'd have a mini-ITX motherboard and a 180GB SSD in it Smile. I could have a tiny little nettop sided box instead, of which I have dozens already paid for. But, it sits above my receiver in full view so I want something that looks like an AVR to match what I have. I think the Node 605 looks like a power amp. The lack of IR window kills it for me though.

Yes, I also want big case that fit well in my rack with AV components and in case I will have almost nothing;-) Missing IR window is really pity and there is only possibility drill hole tothe case, but I am afraid about it...
(2012-11-25, 01:50)PV_XBMC Wrote: Yes, I also want big case that fit well in my rack with AV components and in case I will have almost nothing;-) Missing IR window is really pity and there is only possibility drill hole to case, but I am afraid about it...

You may able to come up with an inconspicuous location in your equipment rack for the ir receiver. Mine can't be seen unless you're looking for it.
By this review http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/3505/7/f...production is Fractal Design Node 605 much more noiser than Silverstone GD04... It is very surprising for me, because I think that Node 605 is very quiet thanks to dampening material on top cover. Quiet case is one of my top requirements for cases and by this review is old Silverstone GD 04 much better variant for me although I prefer design of Node 605...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC case Fractal Design NODE 6050