Bug Frodo video playing fast, no sound
No change with Beta 3, problem still exists.
(2012-12-06, 23:30)mudwater Wrote: They had it working with pulseaudio installed before Frodo went beta, don't think removing pulseaudio is really a solution.

Removing pulseaudio and removing libasound-plugins is really a solution, you dont need either of those on a HTPC. (only people with window managers that use the desktop need pulse for some bizarre reason.)

All you need is alsa+xbmc and proper user permissions.

uNi
(2012-12-10, 13:26)uNiversal Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 23:30)mudwater Wrote: They had it working with pulseaudio installed before Frodo went beta, don't think removing pulseaudio is really a solution.

Removing pulseaudio and removing libasound-plugins is really a solution, you dont need either of those on a HTPC. (only people with window managers that use the desktop need pulse for some bizarre reason.)

All you need is alsa+xbmc and proper user permissions.

uNi

I do use as a full blown PC when not using as a HTPC thus the need for a proper solution which keeps Pulseaudio and libasound-plugins.
Anyone know if the new Release Canidate 1 fixed the problem yet?
Dual boot. Problem solved If you upgraded see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...remotes.29

uNi
(2012-12-13, 00:40)uNiversal Wrote: Dual boot. Problem solved If you upgraded see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...remotes.29

uNi

No thanks just want it to work the way it did before, the way I know it can and should.
Anybody gotten the fast video playing sorted out?
Nope still waiting, really its kind of weird, it was working great until they release the first Beta and hasn't been working right since.
I'm about to make a new install of ubuntu to get a new clean os. Gonna test Frodo on that to see what happens.
Good luck let me know what happens
I was planning the same thing MacOsX. Are you sticking with 12.04 or trying 12.10? let me know how it goes.
(2012-12-16, 02:12)pork Wrote: I was planning the same thing MacOsX. Are you sticking with 12.04 or trying 12.10? let me know how it goes.

I´am trying with 12.10.
No Linuxhacker so it takes awhile before I am up and running.
Just about to start up my raid6 and install xbmc.

Fingers crossed!!!!

Didn't work.
I know getting the run around, no beta or rc builds have audio passthrough working with Pulseaudio but the nightlies all worked great. Not even using XBMC at the moment, hasn't worked in about a month. I thought the new Audio Engine was re done so it would "just work" at least that was the impression I got from using the nightlies which worked.. Looks like Frodo RC1 has the same audio troubles as Eden did except Frodo RC1 has a blue Confluence.
Still no change with RC2
I downgraded to Eden and things work perfectly now.

I was on Frodo RC2, and tried the nightly last night. I found that running in fullscreen mode would cause the issue more often (90% failure). It seems that Frodo locks up the iec958 output but never sends anything.

speaker-test -D iec958 -c 2 will show device or resource busy during the issue. I then need to hard kill xbmc.bin (kill -9) and after that the speaker-test works perfectly. Then if I restart xbmc and run it windowed it will often play the video fine. But if I close the video is is a 50/50 shot that I can re-start it without a failure.

No asoundrc or static ALSA configuration. Just configured XBMC via the Settings->System to output via Optical, with 5.1 sound, enable AC3 and DTS passthrough to the proper device.
Snip from the guisettings.xml
Code:
<audiooutput>
    <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
    <audiodevice>ALSA:iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0</audiodevice>
    <channellayout>0</channellayout>
    <customdevice></customdevice>
    <custompassthrough></custompassthrough>
    <dontnormalizelevels>true</dontnormalizelevels>
    <dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
    <mode>1</mode>
    <passthroughaac>false</passthroughaac>
    <passthroughdevice>ALSA:iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0</passthroughdevice>
    <passthroughmp1>false</passthroughmp1>
    <passthroughmp2>false</passthroughmp2>
    <passthroughmp3>false</passthroughmp3>
</audiooutput>

Log of success (windowed)
http://pastebin.com/xFFJegDA

Log of failure (fullscreen)
http://pastebin.com/JrtesXZb

Yes, it says: failed (-16): Device or resource busy, however, nothing else is running and the same issue occurs with or without pulseaudio installed.

I am now running Eden and things are fine
How to provide a Kodi log - debug log (wiki)

HTPC SETUP: Zotac ZBOX-ID41-PLUS-U | Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz Dual-Core | 2GB RAM | NVIDIA® ION™ (w/512MB DDR3 memory) | 128G Plextor M5P Series PX-128M5Pro 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC SSD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo video playing fast, no sound0