Win [Solved] - Add Web Page (Audio Stream) to Library?
I listen to the audio stream of a radio station, but it has recently changed to launch in it's own player. I have used several sniffing applications, but can't identify the true stream URL behind the .swf that is running.

As a workaround, I've borrowed from the Wiki entry here that shows how to define an external player (in this case Internet Explorer) to launch files of type "htm". The author used it to launch Netflix, but I just used it to launch the audio stream player instead.

I've modified the advancedsettings.xml file as follows to work in the Music subsection instead of Video:

<advancedsettings>
<musicextensions>
<add>.htm</add>
</musicextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Now, when I head to Music, I can select the stream, and IE is launched, which in turn launches the player, and it plays. Great!

The problem though is that I can't get the stream to show up in Library mode, which is a pain. This wiki entry suggest a typical stream can be added to the library via an NFO, but I just can't seem to get it to work with my .htm "stream" or page.

The folder structure is \Music\fan590. The contents of that folder is:
fan590.htm
fan590_thumb.jpg
album.nfo (which I've also renamed "fan590.nfo" in case that would make a difference)

The debug log indicates "no tag found" when it gets to fan590.htm, which makes sense because there are no tags associated with the file, and the .htm file doesn't allow for music-based tags anyway. However, when tags are not found, I thought it would then look to the NFO. (?)

I don't really care about the thumbnail, or creating fanart - I just want to easily grab the audio stream/web page via Library mode.

Anything I'm missing, or just can't be done?
SOLVED.

No matter what I tried, I could not add the stream/page to the library as "Music" with an NFO.

I then decided to try changing it to a "Video". That involved:
1. Creating a new NFO file that follows the xml format for Video.
2. Editing the advancedsettings.xml file to add a <videoextensions> section.
3. Moving the folder containing my .htm file and matching NFO to my existing Videos source folder.

After a rescan - bingo - my page/audio stream displays in the Library, albeit as a "video".

Works for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] - Add Web Page (Audio Stream) to Library?0