iPazzPort KP-810-18R Review
iPazzPort KP-810-18R

A few days ago I purchased this RF Keyboard here: http://amzn.com/B0071DCTKS
The keyboard came in the box shown above.

It doesn't feel as a bad quality product, it looks better than the KP-810-10.
It's not heavy, but also not that light as a very cheap product would be.

Pictures:

Image Image Image Image Image

So the keyboard feels good at my hands, but as it has keys at the edges (laser button and volume buttons) sometimes im accidentaly hitting those keys when using it.

The backlight, as you can see in the 2nd picture is great, I like to have my room completely dark when I watch movies, the backlight helps me a lot.
After a few minutes not using the keyboard, the backlight and touchpad will turn off (I suppose that it's for battery saving), but after you press any key, It will turn on again.

At the other side, it has IR Remote buttons (3rd picture), so you can control your TV, AVR, or other devices with the same remote you control your HTPC.
It's self learning, so you just choose a key to program, and then point the original remote to the iPazzPort pressing the desired key and it will learn that IR ScanCode.

Like other iPazzPort Keyboards, it uses a rechargeable BL-4C (Nokia) battery, so it's very easy to replace if the battery dies.
The USB dongle comes under the battery cover, next to the battery, so you will never lose it.

It comes with an USB male to USB female & mini USB male, so you can connect the receiver and charge your iPazzPort with the same cable.

So after I plugged in the USB receiver, it immediately started working (it's plug n play, no drivers needed).
Then I configured the IR Remote so the TV mode wil control my HDTV and the AV mode will turn on/off my HTPC.

So now I can control the TV, turn on or off my HTPC and control everything with the iPazzPort, wich is great for me.

I hope this review is helpful.
If you have any questions just ask me here.

Greetings
Hi Emisand,

Thanks for the review, I was thinking of picking up one of the other offerings from iPazz. Can you tell me what do you use the mouse area of the remote for (the area that has arrows going up and down)? Also do you have the transmitter plugged in the back of your HTPC or the front? What is the range you are getting for the unit?

Thanks.
Hi,

The arrows at the Touchpad are for scrolling.
By the way, you can rotate the touchpad orientation by pressing FN + ESC.

I use the provided USB cable connected at the back, but using the receiver connected at that cable pointing at the front.
I didn't tested the range, but It says to have 10 meter range, I used it at 5 meters without problems.
I never had a universal remote except harmony, so I'm a bit confused about the remote buttons.
You can only switch between two devices, right? So it wouldn't be possible to control TV + AV receiver + HTPC (without using one device mode for two devices)?
Is the Set button just for programming the keys, or can it be used as well?

Thanks =)
Yes, you can set 2 profiles (TV and AV).
But as you can set every key individually for each profile, I have set one key at AV profile to power on/off the HTPC, other to power on/off the AVR, other keys to control AVR volume and EQ. At the TV profile I set all keys to control the TV.

The SET button is just for programming it.

Review Update:
After using the keyboard for several hours, I would not recommend it.
Sometimes the keyboard & touchpad is not very responsive, even being close to the receiver.

The touchpad is very sensitive, so sometimes the mouse moves like crazy in the wrong direction because of the way you touch it.
I am always getting other keys pressed accidentally because it has buttons at both sides and at the 2 long sides of the bezel.

It is not a good quality keyboard.

It has a lot of features, but the way they were implemented are not good.
It has bad ergonomics (buttons pressed accidentally) and has problems with precision and responsiveness.

So I am considering getting a better quality keyboard.
I have the Logitech DiNovo Mini in my mind, any recommendations?
Have a look at RC12 or mele f10. I have the later and I am very satisfied with both ergonomics and responsiveness.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPazzPort KP-810-18R Review1