Scanning Problem
hi i have a home server i built which is simply running windows 7 because i couldn't afford the Windows Server OS and i have no knowledge of linux so i have it set in windows to spindown hard drives after 90 minutes however i am noticing recently when those drives are spundown and i startup xbmc i have it set to perform a scan on startup which normally it will spin those drives i have set as sources as it access's them to scan for new content

it is not doing it recently i will just sit on scanning and not move i have left it for a couple minutes to see as usually there is a small 10 second or so delay to access the shared drive if it has spundown as it takes this time to kick the drive back into action this however is not happening and i cannot play any of the already scanned in files it just gives me the windows like as if i was to mark something as watched whilst a scanning is in progress

the only way i can get the scanning to begin and be able to play files is to manually go into the source drives in Video / Files and open it up to force a spin up or open the same drive in windows over the network

basically xbmc is not sending a command to spin the drive up to access or scan when performing a scanning for new content on startup

I am running Frodo Beta 1
Maybe you can try the Advanced WOL add-on. You can have it set to launch automatically at XBMC startup and send a WOL magic packet to your server to wake it up and pause a specified number of seconds to allow the host system to come up fully.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning Problem0