Wireless Connection
I've been running v11.0 for a couple of weeks now, just trying to see if this is what I'm looking for, and I love it. I've got it running on a regular PC and I'm wondering if it would be better to buy a wireless card for the PC or get an Apple TV and stream the content from my PC? I can't do a wired connection by the TV, so wireless is my best bet. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

You can certainly use a PC with wireless (assuming your PC can be connected to your TV via HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc.). The question is whether or not you want your PC located next to your TV. How big/ugly/noisy (or small/pretty/quiet) is your PC? Maybe more importantly, what would your spouse/partner (if any) think about this?

Since your question isn't Windows specific and you are more likely to get good recommendations in the Hardware for XBMC forum, I'm moving this thread there.
Thanks for the response.

The PC can connect via DVI and isn't too loud and probably would sit in a cabinet. Although, I'm not sure how a remote would work in that scenario.

I really like the Apple TV option but wanted to get others opinions on how well it works.

Thanks again.
If the remote's receiver is USB, you may be able to use a USB extension cable so you can snake the receiver unit to the outside of the cabinet so it can receive the signal from your remote control. Likewise, if the cabinet's walls degrade the WiFi signal too much, you might be able to use an external antenna with a long cable so the antenna itself can be placed outside.

I don't have an ATV, so I'll leave that discussion for others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wireless Connection0