Win XBMC media keyboard issues in the beta
Hi, I installed the Frodo beta 1 (repack) on Windows 7, and now whenever I use the volume keys on my keyboard I end up with a:
- ‘No PVR clients have been started yet’ error on volume up
- Now playing playlist thing on volume down if media is playing.

I’ve tried Googling this and tried playing with the keyboard.xml file in program files\xbmc\system\keymaps but it doesn’t seem to do anything, my temp solution right now is to copy over a keyboard.xml file from an Eden install to my user data folder instead and removing the keyboard.xml from the program files directory.

Am I correct in assuming that if I commented out lines with 'volume_up' and 'volume_down' it should have stopped using these keys and stopped these popups?

It’d help if I could figure out what the keyboard is sending as volume up and down too, although it works fine in every other program and Windows. Any ideas? It's a Dell RT7D30 keyboard as seen here: http://www.redplanettrading.com/ebay/key...p1-800.jpg (not that it'll help anyone)
Default are plus and minus keys.
+ - too change volume.

I did notice this too on Windows but not on openelec
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What's openelec? How do I stop this media key error happening on a default install next time?
Openelec is a dedicated OS with XBMC embedded in it. Very nice and blazing fast Smile

Will see on my windows setup if I get the same thing on the volume buttons and see if I can get that fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi, this is a bump because I reinstalled RC3 and this problem still exists (volume up gives 'No PVR clients...', now playing playlist on volume down).

I still have no luck playing with the keyboard.xml but I feel this is an issue that shouldn't exist out of the box anyway. Since my speakers don't have hardware volume buttons I need these two buttons on my keyboard to work without inteference from XBMC.

edit: It seems the problem is caused by XBMC Frodo thinking that volume up on my keyboard is 'g', and volume down on the keyboard is 'c'. Removing all references to both of these buttons seems to stop all my issues, but this still seems to be an error in the program (it didn't happen in Eden and below).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC media keyboard issues in the beta0